X

1988 1100F Kat Front & Rear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
    Makes sense when folks have 57 photos loaded. Doesn't make much sense when it's 3 lines of text with two embedded links. Oh well.
    LOL...yeah, but you post alot, think how much server space that takes...
    "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      If your putting this much focus on suspension and ride, one thing you might want to consider too for the mix if it's worth it or not... the 17" wheel upgrade for the 1100.

In general, 17" wheels give a much better ride and larger selection on the tire choices.

Krey
      You can say that again- I did a little search for 16" tires and there is no much out there, plus some of the tires that showed up were H rated scooter tires.
      The Katana 1100 wears what is now considered a scooter tire, who'd thunk that 20 years ago?
      I'd upgrade, but I am going to be paying $2200 to Uncle Sam on taxes, just spent $500 on new PR3's for the C14, will be spending $1100 on new tires for the GTO next month, getting the house painted tomorrow for $2500, you get the picture...

Comment

You guys can probably get 17" wheels that will work just fine for under $200 for the set, probably closer to $150 or less even if you find a good deal.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

True enough. I got both wheels for about $150 shipped. Just takes some patience and a bit of research. The front wheel got stripped, painted and different size bearings but the rear came ready to go.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I'm getting the feeling you guys are just a little bit happy with your wheel swap. I do appreciate your zeal in convincing me that's the way to go. After searching for tires for my Kat I have to agree, 17's would be better from a tire choice point of view, handling I don't know about although I am sure you fine gentlemen wouldn't lead me astray on that item. Other things probably.

A little perspective though on what I'm looking at currently.

These are my humble beginnings. On the list of To-Do's, 17" wheels are kind of on the last side of things currently.

Focus on suspension stuff here.

Cheers, Guy
            aka canuk_guy

Comment

Look at the bright side, it's easy to get at everything right now!

Might want to start by sorting out those boxes and bins; give yourself some room to work.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
              X