X

carb float level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb float level

does anybody have a step by step on how to check and set carb float level, and jets.

Your best bet is to buy the Clymer Katana manual or Haynes

Comment

I just adjusted my floats. You take off the bowls and stand the carbs upside down....so the float is up top. This way the needle valve is closed. You take the measurement from the edge of the float chamber to the highest point of the float. On my carbs (mikuni bt36ss), you just bend the little metal tab on the float that sits on the needle valve. That is what the manual told me to.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

See Doug771's float height page (it is specific to pre-98 Kats, but general enough that it can be used for 98+ Kats as well):

http://771doug.netfirms.com/float.html

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

hmmm...my manual didn't say to do it that way, and I am wondering if it isn't wrong. the link you posted makes more sense and I could very well have too much compression on my spring. I will re-calibrate them with the "sweetspot" mentioned and see if there is a difference. All mine measured right on though, and I didn't have to adjust any. I just verified.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
          X