No announcement yet.
X

What gas is everyone using?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent been able to tell the differnce.

Comment

:

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I find I get the best mpg from 87. The higher octanes MIGHT give a tad better response, but generally poorer mileage. No use in the extra octane points if the engine hasn't been modified to take advantage of it.
        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

The guy i bought mine from said he only used 93 in her, i guess that's what i will use since that's what she is used to

Comment

i have used both with no noticeable difference,,,,so i use 87 now

Comment

I'm inclined not to recommend above 87 Octane either.
              But, I have noted how the engine starts to run a little rough above 10,000' altitude. I think (??) it is running rich (too little oxygen), but I'm not clear on this. And maybe switching the gas octane won't do anything, the bike needs rejetted to run in the rare air (??). I know the higher the octane the LESS volatile, ie burns at higher temps, ie requires a hotter spark, and I know that things like butane lighters stop working at the higher altitudes for this reason.
              ...So, should I run a lower octane gas if I'm going into the higher altitude? or higher octane?
              I've asked this question to many people before and I've got gotten all three answers (run higher octane, run lower octane, octane doesn't matter but you need to rejet). So if anyone actually KNOWS, please tell this confused soul.

Comment

sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

Comment

You should run what your owners manual says to run, on a Kat it should be 87 octane. Anything else and you are wasting money. Also, running higher octane will probably cause carbon build ups on a lower compression motor. The higher compression motors are the only ones that need 91+ octane.
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                  sigpic

Comment

I started with 93 for the first several tanks. I've since went to 87 and have noticed no difference other than the fact that I am spending less money.
                    sigpic
                    1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                      :
                      +1
                      myspace
                      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

just run premium, you get what you pay for out of it i even run premium in my 1987 gmc jimmy cause i get 18mpg when i do and only 15 on regular.

Comment

The dealer told me premium is better and regular has too much ethonal which is bad for the carbs how true this is I would'nt know

Comment

If you can find it 87 octane clear gas works really well. Im just under 1000 miles on my 2006 600 and it runs rough on 87 pump gas.

Comment

Alll this talk about wasting money.....What are we talking about here...80 cents a tank?
                              You got nothin to lose Don't be afraid to get down

Comment

Originally posted by fourunner View Post
                                If you can find it 87 octane clear gas works really well. Im just under 1000 miles on my 2006 600 and it runs rough on 87 pump gas.
                                I'll agree to this one. Like I said before, most pumps I go to make the engine run a little rough. Tach bounces quite a bit. Chevron Gas Station is the best 87 pump gas that I have found and my bike enjoys it much more than any other. Hess is the worst around here.
                                myspace
                                2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                                X