X

Runs Rough Over 4000rpm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runs Rough Over 4000rpm

Ok, I did a bit of a search and have come to the conclusion the carbs are at fault

Bike is a 06 750 gsxf (katana) with 72,000k's

Problem is the engine is smooth on acceleration from 2500rpm to 4000rpm through all gears

But when you go over 4000rpm in all gears, the bike runs rough

Do I need to get the carbs cleaned, balance or something else ?

TIA

Cleaned.... since the main jet starts to come in at 3000 rpm, I'd suspect clogged mains or slide issue.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Cleaned.... since the main jet starts to come in at 3000 rpm, I'd suspect clogged mains or slide issue.
      thanks for the quick reply, now how much will this cost

Comment

If it's just a clogged main...$10 for cleaner... Very easy to do yourself. Remove carbs from bike, remove mains from carb, soak in cleaner, reinstall, reinstall carbs, sync carbs, ride on
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I would also check float levels while in there if you decide to do it. The floats can bounce over time and adjustment can change.

Or drop it off at a shop, last time I checked a carb clean was around 250.00 but that was a while back.
          "There's a green blur and a Gray blur. I try to stay on the gray one" Joey Dunlop RIP

Comment

thanks everyone for the replies

I'm taking it to the shop, cost is $110 per carb or one hour per carb for cleaning and everything else involved.

I don't have the time or know how to do it myself.

Comment

Working...
            X