CMRA Round #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
    Yesterday was all practice:

in this corner, in another lap, my foot slipped off my peg, and i ended up off the track.... i ran through a pit of gravel (at speed) and wound up narrowly missing the end of a concrete wall, and ran into the opening of the drag strip. Was a butt-pucker moment, but I kept her up.

pic of the bike all decal'd up and such... =)

Today's the big day. First race in 5 hours, next race 3 hours after that. =D
    Kewl pics! Good Luck
    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
    sigpic

Comment

so. it's done. Round 1 is complete!

Novice 1 (first race)
      i was so confused on the start (never gridded before) and i apparently was looking at the wrong dude with the wrong flag, then wondering why everyone was starting, while i was sitting there in idle.... then my clutch buggered up and i couldn't shift past third down the straight (where i SHOULD be hitting redline in 6th), then i was stuck behind a really slow dude who had no lines, so i couldn't find a safe place to pass him for almost half a lap.
      Anyhoo, I was 15th in that race, when all was said and done.

Novice 2
      MUCH BETTER start and ended up in the heat up the pack, which was awesome... til some dude went off in corner one, and his bike shot flames at me.... but I kept going. I was using a girl as my carrot (someone to chase), and in retrospect, i should have just passed her in the hardest corner of the track and found a new carrot, 'cause i had her in every corner, but i just didn't get past her.
      Much better finish, and was out of the top ten by one (i really wanted to go in at top ten). 11th place for race 2.

Such an exciting experience! And I can't wait for Round 2, which is three weeks from now. I know what I need to work on, and I'll have two nights from now until then to play on the track with.

My sponsor photographer, www.stevenszabophoto.com has put up some pics from yesterday, but I'm waiting for today's action shots to post.

=)

yay!
      Last edited by kat_kitten; 05-24-2010, 12:41 AM. Reason: link edit
      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Good job keeping it shiney side up, and placing so well your first race weekend. Doing that good in your first real race, with the inevitable first time jittrers is awesome.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

Congratulations, very, very nice! Did the weather cooperate? Between now and round 2 you will replay round one in your mind a thousand times developing your newfound "racecraft".

Comment

Great job. Keep up the good work love.
            -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
            sigpic

Comment

I just have to say, WELL DONE. Seriously, how cool it is to actually be in a race, and to actually place close to top 10. I would LOVE to be in your shoes.

(I need a bike -_-)
              I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
              -Unholy m-
              Current project: Un-Katchable
              sigpic

Comment

Congrats on completing your first race weekend.
                Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

sweet, congrats! remember, it's not a track day. If you can pass, pass

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
                    Congratulations, very, very nice! Did the weather cooperate? Between now and round 2 you will replay round one in your mind a thousand times developing your newfound "racecraft".
                    yeah, the weather did cooperate! not a single drop of rain until two races after my last one lol
                    i've already replayed it a million times... and have smacked myself for not taking passes when i should have, or knowing that i can take a corner so much faster than i was doing it.
                    It was great that my riding coach was there with me (he's also my pit crew), 'cause he saw exactly where i went wrong, and the things I need to work on.

Round 2 is going to be super exciting!

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
                    sweet, congrats! remember, it's not a track day. If you can pass, pass
                    lol the one spot i kept having an open line to pass at, would have ended up with me nosing tightly into the hairpin, and pushing her out.... and there are concrete walls all around it... in retrospect, yes, i should have just done it and been done with her, but, i couldn't bring myself to do it.
                    Last edited by kat_kitten; 05-24-2010, 10:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

oop!
                      seems there was a mishap with the timing system... it registered one of the instructors (who was out there to bump up people from novice to amateur) as a racer... it's not much, but i actually finished 14th in the first race. =)
                      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

Great job KK!
                        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yesterday was all practice:

in this corner, in another lap, my foot slipped off my peg, and i ended up off the track.... i ran through a pit of gravel (at speed) and wound up narrowly missing the end of a concrete wall, and ran into the opening of the drag strip. Was a butt-pucker moment, but I kept her up.
                          I knew you found my charms irresistable... sorry kitty, I could not help it.
                          07 FZ-1 and an 80 CB 650 Cafe.

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                            +1000

(Lauri, love your sig quote )
                            Haha thanks Tom. You can thank JayBell for that one....

Proud of you KK! Great job!
                            I'm not short.....I am fun sized!

Comment

Originally posted by beatupbandit View Post
                              I knew you found my charms irresistable... sorry kitty, I could not help it.
                              well, what girl doesn't, really?
                              it was the leather pants and no doubtedly mad case of swanus that drew me to you, BuB.
                              plus, considering the meat wagon was right there to scrape my remains quickly, i figured it was a good place to end up
                              # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

well, what girl doesn't, really?
                                it was the leather pants and no doubtedly mad case of swanus that drew me to you, BuB.
                                plus, considering the meat wagon was right there to scrape my remains quickly, i figured it was a good place to end up
                                Running rescue in leathers and riding boots may not have been the best choice but I do feel sexy in leather.
                                07 FZ-1 and an 80 CB 650 Cafe.

Comment

Working...
                                X