X

first crash, evar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first crash, evar

Saturday was hovering around freezing temperatures here in Calgary (heck, it snowed all week last week, and again on Sunday), and I had a mandatory track school to attend.
    Spent the first couple of sessions warming up my slicks and taking it easy, working on body position and basic lines and such.
    Tires got grippier, and the weather warmed up a little, so I started givin' 'er. Things were great!

Clicky for pics (i'm on #55)

Clicky for pics from my sponsor

I had to sit out for a couple of sessions, which was about twenty minutes to half an hour; however, that was long enough to pull the heat out of my tires... which I soon later found out.
    I went out to do my warm up lap for a mock race, and I hit corner three (literally) which is a long left-hand sweeper, and before I knew what happened I lowsided and I was sliding across the asphalt.
    I came out of it only slightly bruised, and my bike came out of it just a little rashed.
    I was able to keep my helmet off of the ground, and my leathers only popped a bit of a seam in my outter thigh. All in all, it was a good crash, and I'm happy that it happened the way that it did.

I have to go through a check-out period on Wednesday night to get my race license now though (since that was what Saturday was supposed to give me), but it was an all around great experience - even though i was suuuuper upset with myself for crashing when it meant so much that i didn't.

live and learn, and thankfully, i live. =)
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Glad you're okay!
    Awesome pics too!
    Last edited by 600toStart; 05-10-2010, 04:53 PM.
    I invite you to church.

Comment

Great pictures. Time for some tire warmers. Where the leathers and the rash on the bike like a badge of honor, you earned it! Now get back on the bike and ride it like a train...

Comment

Glad you're ok, great pics!

Comment

Good ol freezing calgary. Oh wait Edmonton was 2 feet deep too. Boourns
          Well glad your okay and the pics are awesome!
          1999 Katana 750

Comment

holy crap someone else from calgary. The weather here has been bad lately, glad your okay.

Comment

Lots of good pics of ya glad you are ok
              1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
                Great pictures. Time for some tire warmers. Where the leathers and the rash on the bike like a badge of honor, you earned it! Now get back on the bike and ride it like a train...
                Great attitude!
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                  Great attitude!
                  totally agree.

i'm super stoked to go back out there and ride a hard season. it was a lesson well learned, and i can only get smarter from here =)

woot!
                  the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                  # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                  [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Your swingarm says 69... (Giggity)
                    Last edited by voodoobilly; 05-17-2010, 05:24 PM.
                    "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Great pics and I am glad that your OK!
                      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                      sigpic

Comment

darn that turn 3 ... Glad you're ok

Comment

glad to hear ur ok from the accident.
                          this is the best icon eva

Comment

Sorry 'bout the lowside, KK. All and all... you're doing great!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                              and my leathers only popped a bit of a seam in my outter thigh.
                              I can picture it now, creamy white thigh under torn leathers.... Mmmmmm....
                              Originally posted by arsenic
                              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X