X

The motorcycle gods Hate me!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The motorcycle gods Hate me!!!

Long story short, Time for yet another rebuild of my engine.

Extended version, I just replaced the cam chain tensioner spring on my 96 600, no biggie right? that's what I thought too as I fired it up this afternoon after I got it completely back together after the little endevor, only to hear the horrid sound of metal snapping and rattleing around the engine. Tore everything back appart, and ALL of the rocker arms on the intake side... GONE. Snapped all 8 of them off. SO somewhere lost in the bowels of the engine are 8 or more tiny pieces of rocker arm, 8 valve shims, and 16 of these other little funky arched pieces. Happy Days For me...

Sorry.. had to vent a little.

OH and the good news. Since the cost of parts to fix will be in excess of $500 the Wife has deemed that the bike be sold and replaced So anyone want to buy a bike cheap? (if so see the "for sale" board or e-mail me [email protected])
    signature coming soon

The goal in life is not to leave this world with a perfectly intact, unmarred body but to slide sideways into the grave screaming HOLY SHIT, WHAT A RIDE!!!

Sounds like the gods AND your wife hate you . Bummer . But you CAN get a whole nother engine for less than that .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If you have a source, I'd love to hear about it.. especially if they have any 750's they'd part with for that price.
      signature coming soon

The goal in life is not to leave this world with a perfectly intact, unmarred body but to slide sideways into the grave screaming HOLY SHIT, WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Most go to Ebay . There WERE a couple guys here selling engines , but not sure if they're gona already . And I know where there's a supposedly good 600 , but not sure what shipping would be to get it to ya . If you're interested , I can ask dude about it ...

Comment

Tried e-bay, nothing decent close, and shipping is outrageous from most places. And if I'm going to do a swap, i'd like it to be a 750 or larger, so I'll probably stick with plan B and sell her off (God I'm going to miss this bike) and get something new/different.
          signature coming soon

Comment

Unless you have a lot invested in your current bike I would consider plan B. It is a lot more fun to ride your bike than it is to fix it.

Comment

So tell us the long story about how changing a spring caused your entire valve system to spontaneously self-destruct...

Curious...
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Do you have any pics of all this destruction?

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  So tell us the long story about how changing a spring caused your entire valve system to spontaneously self-destruct...

Curious...
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Your guess is as good as mine brotha... I"m completely baffeled on the subject myself..

sorry I dont have any pix and I've already moved everything over to the side of the garage and burried it in Grand Prix parts from the car i'm working on parting out right now too.
                  signature coming soon

Comment

Unless you didn't install the tensioner correctly, and the chain skipped causing the piston to hit the valves, I have NO idea how that could have happened.
                    America national sport is called baseballs. It very similar to our sport, shurik, where we take dogs, shoot them in a field, and then have a party.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                      Sounds like the gods AND your wife hate you . Bummer . But you CAN get a whole nother engine for less than that .
                      BUT Wait.

She said "sold and Replaced".

Quick Doc. grab an Autotrader, before she changes her mind!
                      "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Oh' I"ve already done some looking.... Trying to decide between a 2003 R6 for 3500 and a 98 GSXR 750 for 2995. But I'm still keeping my options open.
                        signature coming soon

Comment

Oh , I didn't see the "replaced" part . Yeah , get crackin !

Comment

Working...
                          X