X

Is my Signal Generator the Problem??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my Signal Generator the Problem??

Well I have no spark on my 02 750 Kat and I'm going through the list of possibilities. I checked the plugs threre good, I checked the coils and I have 12v, but no spark so I moved to the ignitor computer to check for at least 1V at the bl/b and y wire and not even close. I moved on to the signal generator looking for the same and didn't get it. I checked the resistance for the signal generator and its good. I pulled the signal generator, but is this really my problem. Tell me if it sounds like I did something wrong in my troubleshooting. Where and how much will a new Signal Generator cost me?? Thanks

okay, start from the plugs and work your way back. Plugs look good, test the coils, coils are good, on to the signal generator and rotor. If those are good check your wiring harness from breaks or frayed wires. If that's ok, then you have a CDI issue, that covers it.

Comment

Yup..

Comment

But don't get caught looking for a problem that isn't there. Make 100% sure that you have an excellent ground for your spark test. Next get new plugs anyway..
        I spent 2 days looking for an ignition issue that turned out to be bad plugs. I now make sure I have at least one new plug hanging around.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Does my 750 katana 2005 have a

cdi

Comment

Yes.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

No, It has an Igniter unit and uses transistors to control the spark.

CDI boxes are used with a Capacitor Discharge Ignition system generally on motorcycles that do not use the battery to provide current to the primary side of the coil. A good example of these would be the 2 stroke RMs

Comment

It's just a general term for the ignition box, like the term "Coke". I understand you correcting the term but, it won't change it around here, it's been tried many times.
                  Last edited by 92xjunker; 06-21-2016, 02:32 PM.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

I understand the generic term and generally don't quibble with it. I took the poster's question to be looking for an accurate answer and felt one should be given. No harm, no foul.

Comment

spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                      X