Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New to the street world. (Terrible Haute, IN)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the street world. (Terrible Haute, IN)

Hey there folks, as title stated I am new to the crotch rocket/street bike world. I just purchased my first bike ('90 GSXF 600) doesn't run am currently working to fix that. Hope to soon. I came from owning couple dirtbikes, 05 Honda CRF250 and Suzuki 125 2-stroke. Never raced always had them for fun.
    What brought me here is I used to be apart of car forums, several of them all depending on what I drove at the time. I come here seeking advice to hopefully learn more about fixing my bike as well as moddin it more down the road. As well as locating ridin buds/groups.
    A little more 'bout the bike. Like previously stated it is a GSXF 600 Katana, supposedly bored out to a 650. Previous owner told me that haven't verified. Was face planted by him as well tried to stoppie added too much front break... Lookin to do the street fighter mod, seen some online looks sharp, OR trying to see if the 98+ year fairings will fit it... need to have that confirmed before investin' in a set. Only known confirmed mod is the Yoshi exhaust, and the cats eye on the rear break.
    I am from Indiana, Terrible Haute region. Future thanks to the warm welcomes
    Last edited by QRF_Drifter; 07-21-2012, 02:29 PM.

welcome and no the 98+ post fairings will not fit

Comment

Didnt think so, at least from researching the forums i noticed it wouldn't directly, some fab work will need done, but I think I will just stick with pre-98 fairing and not have to deal with fab work, thanks though for the confirmation and the welcoming.

Comment

It's not bored out to a 650.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

So??? a 650 doesn't mean 650HP?????....as in a 190 tire gives you 190 hps????
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

^^^ rotflmao

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              So??? a 650 doesn't mean 650HP?????....as in a 190 tire gives you 190 hps????
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

punched out huh. nice.............................................. .........................................this guy doesnt do your taxes does he ?
                  im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Like i said didnt verify if it was or wasnt bored, personally didn't believe him... also like stated new to this realm... so still learning... hoping to have it finished within the week or so.

Comment

Working...
                    X