X

Air filters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air filters

I need (2) air filters... Where is the best (read: cheapest) place to buy them, and which ones are best without major changes to my bikes?
    Come back to Detroit, we missed you last time!!!:

two air filters? The Kat normally only takes one stock.

Cheapest place to buy the OEM version is normally RonAyers or BikeBandit, although you may want to check your local dealer's price over the phone before you pay shipping...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

He must have pod filters.......yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
        He must have pod filters.......yeah?
        Maybe she's got two bikes or is going in with a friend who has a kat...

If she does have pods, then the situation (and answers) change.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

As far as what works best without major changes , I guess that'd depend on what's on there NOW . I think SHE might be better off with a stock one if SHE'S got an airbox still ( I'm PRETTY sure she's a she ).
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            As far as what works best without major changes , I guess that'd depend on what's on there NOW . I think SHE might be better off with a stock one if SHE'S got an airbox still ( I'm PRETTY sure she's a she ).
            Well THANK YOU md86... At least somebody remembers me!!! I am a SHE d@mn it!!! OK... I feel better now... Anyway, I own more than one bike (what? a girl needs variety!! ) I have a '95 Kat AND a 2003 Marauder that I need air filters for... And oil filters, and I just ordered plugs from NGK so I'll have them if I ever figure out how to get my old ones out; I tried asking really nicely to see if they would come out on their own, but that didn't work, so I guess I'm stuck with going to the stealership to buy the proper tool for this...
            Come back to Detroit, we missed you last time!!!:

Comment

I have the UniFlo filter in my bike, It is reusebale and is suppose to give the same air flow as the OEM filter. I haven't had any problem from it yet.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

You just need a particular socket for the plugs , but they CAN be tough to find . Best bet , look for a cheapy deep-well . The cheapy ones are usually thinner , and that's what you want in this case .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I bought a cheap metric set for my bike at Target. Its a brand called "built-rite". I think mine was an 18mm socket to get the plugs out. Not a craftsman set, but also not bad for $10.99. Thats a 12 pc. with 3/8 ratchet and extension. Neat, ehh?
                  Chuck Norris once said that 67% of statistics are made up... everyone believed him.

Comment

Originally posted by captpepe
                    I bought a cheap metric set for my bike at Target. Its a brand called "built-rite". I think mine was an 18mm socket to get the plugs out. Not a craftsman set, but also not bad for $10.99. Thats a 12 pc. with 3/8 ratchet and extension. Neat, ehh?
                    Whatever works, works. Cool beans

The reason many of us use Craftsman is the gaurantee -- lifetime and exchangable at any sears. I've send craftsman tools back to Sears here in Florida from Europe when I was stationed there and received replacements... Screwdriver tip not sharp anymore? Drop it off and grab a new one for free, etc....
                    I just they wouldn't keep limiting what they cover with their lifetime warrantees (used to be DieHard batteries had a lifetime gaurantee for a vehicle, and craftsman power tools also had a lifetime warrantee -- now it's just their hand tools). SnapOn has the same type of quality & lifetime warrantee, but they're about 3 times as expensive (the price for the guy coming to you AND have a revolving charge account available for your tool purchases without a cap on the total spent). Kobalt (Home Depot or Lowes) also has the same basic gaurantee, but after Builder's Square went down, you can't be sure if HomeDepot or Lowe's will still be around in 20 years... Sears has been around for over 100 years...

The reality is that most north-American made tools of a particular type come out of only one of a handful of companies and are comparable in quality (whether Snap-On, Craftsman, Kobalt, etc), and it's the cheap Chinese-build crud that tends to break down after a bit of abuse...

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Good points CP. K-Mart used to carry a line of tools called "Benchtop" that was a really good quality, comparable to Craftsman or SnapOn. I used to buy all my tools there because it was significantly cheaper, the quality was there, and the K-Marts were everywhere. Of course, this was 15 years ago, and no one would have expected for K-Mart to roll the way they did. Now I buy Husky at HD for the same reasons I bought Benchtop, hopefully HD won't roll like K-mart.

Comment

Working...
                      X