X

HELP speed sensor problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP speed sensor problems

I recently bought a 01 Kat that had the front sprocket geared 2 down and the rear geard 2 up Way to high of rpms when cruising, so i chaned the front sprocket back to stock but never got a chance to do the rear. Since this was done my speedometer dosnt seem to be very acurate. Someone told me that the speedsensor is magnetic and i might have screwed it up if it touched metal not sure how true this is or if my problem is due to the fact that i never changed the rear sprocket back to stock. If anybody has any anwsers or suggestions then please help. Thank u much

Bill, from Ohio

Look into a speedohealer. The speedo wasn't very accurate to begin with.

Comment

speedohealer

sorry the rear sprocket was changed back to stock. this is my first bike so not to familar yet with alot of the parts and some of the internal operation of a bike but i am very mechanicly inclinded but not to sure wut a speedohealer is. If u could possibly explain this i would be very thankful

Comment

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

i use my GPS unit on my Kat. maybe borrow one to compare to speedo reading.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

thanks but i allready got it figured out to know how fast i am going but i would like my shiit to b rite not ****ed up

Comment

Then get a speedohealer if you have a post 98 bike That's your only option.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
              X