X

Recommendations for rain gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for rain gear

Can anyone make a good recommendation for cheap rain gear? My goal may be a little farfetched, but ideally I'd like something really light I could fold up and tuck under the seat so I could have it with me all the time.
    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Are you kidding...do you not see the thread right under yours?

If your going to ride you need good gear!
    Tell us what you've got and find out what others are wearing.
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

I must have missed it. I had a quick look before I posted too...

Anyways, that thread doesn't really address my question. I'm looking for something inexpensive and compact enough to fit under my seat.

sigpic

Comment

Canadian tire has a pair of rain pants in a pouch that will stuff in on top of the tool kit. I think they were $20ish. Never bothered with a top, I wear my textile jacket if rain is forecast .

I'd go with Jackals recommendations of rhyno, I'll be looking for a suit very soon so I'm gonna see what they go for. If I remember they were resonable. You might want to see what newenough has for sale, or the next bike show.

And although it goes against most peoples riding in the rain advice I find if you keep it above 130km/h in a full tuck you don't get that wet . Of course this only works on the highway and not in rush hour.
        Kyle

Comment

Actually, I don't think I've ever rode a bike with any plastic body work in the rain... I never thought of that! I'm sure you'll stay just as dry going 110km/h though.

sigpic

Comment

I quit wearing rain suits altoghter.Could not find any that would hold up that you could put on fast.My suggestion would be find the hefty lawn and garden bags and cut out the arm and head holes.

Comment

Working...
            X