X

Idle problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle problem

I have 2002 suzuki katana gsx 600F. When i first started after around 2 minutes idle will be around 1200RPM but after the engine heating up and yi rode for a while then idle will be around 2000RPM, even when I stopped and holding the clutch the idle still high. Then I have to release a clutch a little bit and hold it tight again then idle goes down to more than 1000RPM. Does any one have any idea how to take care of that situation because when idle around 2000RPM it's really hard for you to shift to first gear. Thank you very much.

? Wow.... Try the idle adjuster once warmed up.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. Bring it to operating temperature then adjust the idle to what you want it to be. Otherwise, my first guess would be a vacuum leak...
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

can you please tell me where is the vaccum. And how do I check it? Thank you very much

Comment

sorry. Vacuum is any connection that intake air must pass threw. Airbox, airbox boots, carbs, carb to head boots, hose and petcock. Try the idle adjustment first then, go from there.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1 a whacked out idle adjustment can be annoying. Fire it up, go ride it for 20 minutes, then come back and adjust the idle to where you want it to be and see if that fixes it. If it doesnt we can talk about vacuum leaks
            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Working...
            X