X

PIPES

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIPES

hey guys i was just wondering what kind of exhaust you prefer? i was leaning toward a D&D then at the last min my friend got me a carbon yosh pipe for $330 so i couldnt pass it up. and to all of you yoshimura exhaust owners how do you like it? sound? looks? performance?
    Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

I had a Yosh on my bike when I got. Since my bike is a 89 I couldn't go back with one. I loved my Yosh. They are a great pipe for suzuki's. The Hindle is a nice sounding pipe as well. The D&D is very loud. I love that pipe too. I have the SS2R on my bike now. I like it. So your friend did not go wrong with the Yosh..
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Well , I know I DON'T like D&D's , they're just obnoxious ! I have a Yosh , and compared to alot of others I've heard ( which isn't many , I admit) , I don't think it's too bad . Not overly loud until you open it up . Then it's pretty loud , but not blaringly so like the D&D and V&H can be . Gotta remember though , what soumds good on one bike won't always sound good on another . A guy at work has an old FZR1000 with a V&H , and it sounds GREAT . But on most other bikes it don't , IMHO .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have a Yosh full system on my '93. I love it!! I just recently rebuilt it with a sleeve kit (replaces outer shell of can) and some packing from the dealer. Sounds good to me at all rpm's and is amazingly quiet at idle when I am leaving the house at 4:30 AM. Have yet to wake up the kids with the bike right under their windows.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Re: PIPES

Originally posted by somainevent
          hey guys i was just wondering what kind of exhaust you prefer? i was leaning toward a D&D then at the last min my friend got me a carbon yosh pipe for $330 so i couldnt pass it up. and to all of you yoshimura exhaust owners how do you like it? sound? looks? performance?
          a little late to ask now isn't it ? btw -the semi high mount 2 brothers racing pipe is the best for the kat.

tim

Comment

Jeez, just rain on the fun of the post why don't you. Sometimes a little reassurance is needed.

I have a Yosh full system and I love the sound. Not too loud, not too quiet.
            AMA member # 224227

Comment

I love my Carbon Fiber WileyCo Slip-On
              Xbox Live Tag: Phrank80
              [Halo 2, Mech Assault 2, Capcom -vs- SNK]

Comment

Here's my pipes....

Oh wait... were you talking about something else!!??!?

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                  Here's my pipes....

Oh wait... were you talking about something else!!??!?
                  hey, how *you* doin'?
                  - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Junior...why would you have that picture?...you ARE gay!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                      ... not that there's anything wrong with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                        I have pictures of you too but that sure as hell doesn't make me gay either!

But the ones of Jackal.... now THOSE are hot.

Comment

Yes D&D's are a bit obnoxious, but more so at high RPM's. I am an obnoxious guy, so I LOVE my D&D.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I hate riding behind someone with a D&D... Hindles sound really nice, as do Yoshi's.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

A couple of issues ago, Sport Bike ran a test with 30 Slip-ons. The Yosh had some of the lowest numbers!! Not only in noise but sadly also in horsepower/torque. The weight was slightly higher than the norm too. Course, this was on a R6 but that turned me against my Yosh. That and I got a good deal on a full stainless Supertrapp (I know, they don't make many pipes)internal disc system. Weighs a heck of a lot less, slightly louder (with all 8 discs in) but has a ton more performance than my old Yosh. Just my .02 and yeah, it's on a 95 Gix 750, so maybe that's a difference too.
                              sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                              MSF Rider Coach 27028
                              MoPowerSports.com
                              Torco
                              SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Working...
                              X