spring tune up.. I'm a NEWB! w/pics!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The screw in your first pic is the right screw

Comment

Whooooo! That's excellent news. Onwards and upwards!
      -Brandon

Comment

Now, when you put those screws back in, don't listen to the manual. Set them all at 2.5 turns out.

Comment

When you say 2.5 turns out you mean tighten it all the way first then back it off 2.5 turns?
          -Brandon

Comment

Yup. Except be gentle when you tighten it. Just snug is all that's needed, then 2.5 turns back out.

Comment

The "manual" says preset - non adjustable. I have no idea what carbs 102 says, but RedKat is correct, 2.5 turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                The "manual" says preset - non adjustable. I have no idea what carbs 102 says, but RedKat is correct, 2.5 turns out.
                Carbs 102 says 1.5 to two turns out. But where you click the link to DL the PDF it says 2.5 turns.

Comment

well guys, I hate to announce this as i feel like i've wasted your time and i also feel like i've given up on my first adventure into carb cleaning but i've passed this job onto a much more qualified professional.

The bike will be going out to a local fellows house to have the carbs cleaned, valve adjustment and a sync in exchange for computer work. not sure if it will be a 1:1 exchange or not but I am quite happy to know that when i get it back it will run properly rather than me fudging it up so bad that it's just a mess and having to get it done anyway.

A buddy of mine has used this guy before with great results on his 1100 GSX-R so im very grateful he made the call for me and got me lined up to have this done.

I guess im hoping someone of my caliber see's this thread and it gives him/her confidence to at least attempt it. I learned a fair amount about my bike and carbs just by getting this far. RTFM and then RTFM AGAIN!

thanks again to everyone who helped me out in this thread. I'll certainly be sticking around this forum.
                  -Brandon

Comment

I think you may have underestimated yourself, but hey having the bike running with out to much out of pocket expense is the point.
                    Let us know how she comes out

Comment

I appreciate the kind words, i think it will be one of those experiences that it's better that it left off on a good note. That way if/when i have to do it again, i wont have that residual taste of a good thing gone wrong.

The Can-A-Tuna should be under the knife as I type this, I will post back when i get the old girl back with an update.

/sooooo excited

on a side note, i damaged the top of my tank pretty good during transportation, I just had it laying in the back of the truck unsecured. I was pretty bummed when i saw the damage but **** happens. Anyone recommend some good tank pads? i should be able to cover the bulk of the dents and scratches with one.
                      -Brandon

Comment

You could always get a tank bra to cover it as well but as for as pads go I think thats going to boil down to which one you like the looks of

Comment

a tank... bra? kind of like a car bra? interesting...

I will begin web scavenging.
                          -Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by badwithcomputer View Post
                            a tank... bra? kind of like a car bra? interesting...

I will begin web scavenging.
                            Sorry it took so long didnt know you replied yeah a tank bra check my garage my bike has one

Comment

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                              If you havent noticed the factory pro kits are what is used more often than not, now I am not saying the Ivans is bad but I would stick with what others no the most about when you're doing things that you dont know alot about.
                              I know when if I decide to do a kit thats the one I am buying just so I can get the most help with it.

You can run stock jets with a slip on you just have to set the a/f at little richer from my understanding
                              How do you adjust the air fuel mixture? Thanks!
                              2001 GSX600F Katana

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X