No announcement yet.
X

Helmet of the Year: GMX GMax GM68S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Scorpion exo 400 is an example of a lowered price helmet that is well made without the high price ticket thats the point that you do not have to spent 500.00 to get a good helmet
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I seriously like the look of that Crusade helmet. Sadly I have a brand new helmet already. Perhaps in a year or two.

Comment

I love the look and accessories the helmet come's with... The only thing keeping me from buying one is that the helmet is only Dot certified.

I might just wait for the new akuma helmet with the visor that changes from clear to smoke with the push of a button.

Comment

I just ordered a "crusader" and some gloves....

Comment

So a question...

Majority of impacts come from front left. Why aren't there a couple of them flashing LEDs in the front!

I've got a perfectly good helm right now, and I'm still considering one of these. Add in LEDs on the front and an internal visor like the Caberg has and this is a no brainer!

For the increased visibility due to the rear LEDs, I'm almost willing to give up on the internal visor.

Have to watch these guys for sure. Bet their next model(s) should prove interesting.

ND

Comment

Originally posted by Novelldude View Post
              Majority of impacts come from front left. Why aren't there a couple of them flashing LEDs in the front!
              Probably legal reasons with red led's firing anywhere but backwards (could do it legally with yellow or white, as long as you can insure it doesn't flash into the rider's eyes via reflection off a mirror, etc.). Putting some emergency-grade reflective tape on your fork legs will probably go a long way to reducing front off-angle risks.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                Probably legal reasons with red led's firing anywhere but backwards (could do it legally with yellow or white, as long as you can insure it doesn't flash into the rider's eyes via reflection off a mirror, etc.). Putting some emergency-grade reflective tape on your fork legs will probably go a long way to reducing front off-angle risks.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Because I'd rather give you my money... do you carry any of that stuff CP? Heard you talk about it before.

Thanks,
                ND

Comment

I usually have some strips of the 3M brand emergency-vehicle grade reflective tape around here... But you can score it the same place I do -- your local auto parts store (sometimes), truck stops (more often) or eBay (virtually always).
                  Over the years, I've found that there is a radically difference in percentage return from these tapes depending on brand & make, and I specifically seek out 3M brand "emergency vehicle grade" stuff, then put that on the forks so that it covers a 90 degree arc from dead on to 90 degrees to the motion of travel (or more). I've had a few drivers over the years tell me that it was that which they saw and caused them to stop.

The pics of the stolen Kat have a good example:

or use this link for the larger version: http://www.cyberpoet.net/pics/cyberpoets.jpg

It looks better on the red Kats than the blue ones, but hey, if it keeps me alive and upright, I'm all for it. Note the secondary piece at the end of the swingarm as well.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

*sigh* I broke my black helmet shield last year trying to take it off. Wish I had a helmet like this.

Comment

Looking to buy

Im actually looking to purchase a new helmet and kinda like this one. Does anyone know if motorcyclesuperstore.com gives you the extra accessories with it because you can get it for 103.00 shipped with a promotional code.
                      2001 Suzuki Katana 750
                      1994 BMW 325i(sold)
                      2000 Audi A6 2.7T
                      Linden and Boken all Day

Comment

Originally posted by CJOfficial View Post
                        Im actually looking to purchase a new helmet and kinda like this one. Does anyone know if motorcyclesuperstore.com gives you the extra accessories with it because you can get it for 103.00 shipped with a promotional code.
                        they do have a telphone number call them for infromation about the helmet
                        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by mike75 View Post
                          I love the look and accessories the helmet come's with... The only thing keeping me from buying one is that the helmet is only Dot certified. .
                          OK it has been mentioned three times..
                          Here is the link..
                          Motorcyclist, America’s First motorcycle magazine, publishes new and used motorcycle reviews, bike news, and riding tips for riders that love to ride motorcycles!

Read it and it might change your mind about DOT only lids.
                          NOTE: the SNELL 2010 standard has been "softened" to align with the MC findings, but SNELL denies it has to do with the article. They in fact trashed MC for running the article.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                            Ron, what size did you order?

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet

I ordered a medium and received the helmet today. I will say this.......

I am disapointed. Now, my view may be a bit skewed, because it just does not fit my mellon. It sits up too high on my head to feel comfortable wearing and barely covers my chin. It also does not hug the sides of my head and cheeks to fit properly, but everyone had different mellon sizes and this may fit others just fine, but other than that?

I really can't understand how in the hell they voted this "Helmet of the year". The visor indents feel cheesy and the interanl padding is decidedly low grade in comparison with other low priced helmets. I own 2 Scorpion EXO 700's and my son has an EXO 400 and the quality is heads and tails above this. It is a lightweight helmet though and definately seems like it will flow a good bit of air, and maybe that is why the padding is designed how it is, to flow air. The visors are not difficult to remove, but can be a PITA to install, but it does not require any tools to do, so that is a bonus. DOT certification means it will transmit LESS impact to your head than a SNELL lid, which is actually a good thing. The LED lights are really a pretty cool feature for night time rider visability and are easy to turn on, but you can't tell which mode they are in while wearing the helmet. The light up solid, slow flash, or fast flash. Helmet comes with a decent bag, smoke visor, visor cover, GMax keychain, spare batteries, and a smoke lens for the LED's. Paint is very good quality. It also has a chin skirt that is not removable, which will make it warmer in summertime, but is nice in winter. All in all, not a bad deal for someone that the helmet fits.

I will be selling this helmet and spending a bit more dosh and just go ahead and order the helmet I really wanted, which is the Scorion EXO 1000. I like the internal smoked visor feature of that thing and the ability to pump up the cheek padding for a custom fit rocks for the price!
                            Ron
                            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk View Post
                              I am disapointed. Now, my view may be a bit skewed, because it just does not fit my mellon.
                              Excellent review Ron!
                              Thanks for taking the time..

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk View Post
                                go ahead and order the helmet I really wanted, which is the Scorion EXO 1000. I like the internal smoked visor feature of that thing and the ability to pump up the cheek padding for a custom fit rocks for the price!
                                That's what I got. And believe me, if it fit's BP's skull...:mrgreen:

One point to note, call before you go looking, 1000's are hard to find, well here anyways.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                                X