X

SKULL FACE & BRAIN BUCKET FLESH GEAR PIT JACKET

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CANATUNA
    I rode with Mechanics gloves for 2 years. They worked just fine.
    Did you go down in them? You wear gear for the crash not the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
      Originally posted by CANATUNA
      I rode with Mechanics gloves for 2 years. They worked just fine.
      Did you go down in them? You wear gear for the crash not the ride.
      It matter what gloves you by if you by the cheapest Icon, agv, joe rocket etc. there more for the cushion and control of the vibration then the crash so unlsee you are actually gonnna spend the dough on good armered gloves a pair of $20 mechanics is just as fine as $40 motorcycle gloves but thats my opinoin personally I wear $120 full carbon fiber gloves .

Comment

One of the brit mags did a test of gloves involving a sand bag (to act like the hand) inside the glove and a belt sander (running at an average crash speed) the results will make you buy Kevlar re-enforced gloves.

I wonder if CP has a copy of the test?

Comment

mmmmmmhm...kevlar, wonder fiber
          2002 GSX-R750
          2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Proving my point that proper gloves can help save your skin. A set of cheap work gloves will not cut it. Even a set of low end motorcycle gloves have additional padding/armor that can help in a crash.

I would be interested in seeing that test. Good leather works for jackets, pants and race suits. Why would it not work for gloves?

Comment

Kevlar rules. I own a pair of kev lined gauntlet style gloves. cost me $80.00( i got a pretty deep discount). Of course, the best gloves dont mean jack with a pea-brain bucket on your head or tennis shoes on your feet. Ive worked for emergency response teams, and seen enough. take a slush puppy and sling it out on the sidewalk(getting a mental pic?)

T
              "Come to me, all of you are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Mathew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                Man, am I the ONLY rider not obsessed with death images????
                No , I think the skulls are for people that are "trying too hard " , personally .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by koolcutta
                  It matter what gloves you by if you by the cheapest Icon, agv, joe rocket etc. there more for the cushion and control of the vibration then the crash so unlsee you are actually gonnna spend the dough on good armered gloves a pair of $20 mechanics is just as fine as $40 motorcycle gloves but thats my opinoin personally I wear $120 full carbon fiber gloves .
                  the seams in motorcycle gloves are also alot stronger. So the glove just doesnt blow apart as soon as it hits something.

Comment

Like I said in another one of his posts, I'm just tired of half helmet losers and covering their medical bills...At least wear a leather jacket and a fullface helmet. Like a friend told me recently, "They just don't get it, but the first things to go in a crash is their fingers and their toes"
                    "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert
                      the seams in motorcycle gloves are also alot stronger. So the glove just doesnt blow apart as soon as it hits something.
                      hmm if this is true should I return my leather jacket and leather chaps I bought at the local S&M Shop. it came with a free leather leash also I use it to protect my neck.

Comment

Originally posted by koolcutta
                        Originally posted by 87vert
                        hmm if this is true should I return my leather jacket and leather chaps I bought at the local S&M Shop. it came with a free leather leash also I use it to protect my neck.

LOL!!! yeah well I own a full leather suit and helmet gloves and the whole thing guys.. I do actually suit up for canyon and track daz. just around the town or practicing on the airport strip... we go how we go..
                        * I bet you never knew openning up a can of tuna on your ass would sound so serious till you met me...*

Comment

[quote] we go how we go.

This is true, you go how you will go.

T
                          "Come to me, all of you are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Mathew 11:28

Comment

your kiddin' , Right ?
                            sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Awwww, you've already picked out your Halloween costume! How sweet! Most of us stopped playing dress-up when we were, oh...10 or so, but sometimes I envy those who just refuse to stop being a little kid!

I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Did you go down in them? You wear gear for the crash not the ride.[/quote]

No, I never went down with them on. Its better than nothing. You wear gear for the ride as well. Bar vibration, bugs, rocks, wing resistance. So are you saying that if there was no chance of a crash that you wouldnt wear any gear?
                                The entire point of my reply was to just show that not everyone has the money at first to get everything they need to properly protect themselves. Mechanics gloves are better than no gloves at all. A textile jacket is better than no jacket at all. I have Kevlar reinforced gloves...two pairs actually. I have a full leather race suit. I have two leather jackets. I have 3 Snell rated helmets...and race boots..... I didnt have all of this to start though. Most people dont. You cant criticize everyone that is a little less fortunate than yourself. Not just you...people in general.
                                Keep right except to pass!
                                myspace.com/brianlmullins

Comment

Working...
                                X