X

Wire cleanup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire cleanup

hey I've started working on my 98 fighter project and was wondering what was the best way to clean up all the wiring in the front? The harnesses are big, bulky, and I'm having a tough time deciding what to do with them all. I'm going with 1 bucket style headlight and am also having a tough time deciding what to do about the gauge cluster.

Don't suppose you're anywhere near a Surplus City store, are you? There's one in LaVale, MD that carries heat-shrink tubing in all kinds of sizes. You can make a pretty nice wire loom with that.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Im thinkin about slimmin the wire bundle down. Can any electronics on the bike be de-wired or are they all pretty important?

Comment

Depends on what your wanting to use. I recently cut out all the stuff I wasn't using, (ie. original headlight wiring, speedo, etc.) but make sure you know what your playing with. And honestly it won't slim down the loom very much, mostly just removes unused connections.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Well you don't really need a tach or fuel gauge... so take those off... and you don't need A kick stand switch or clutch lever switch... so after that you have bear essentials..... and have remove about 12 wires.... not worth it in my opinion.... just make them look uniform and in condenced as you can and hide them under the tank.
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

12 wires would slim it down significantly. Im thinking about doing pre kat gauges as they can be broken apart and mounted more easily. The wiring guide confuses me tho...and wiring is my least favorite thing to do...

With the kick switch will it always read that its up if i remove it? Trying not turn my bike into a brick haha
            Last edited by Cafe2Fighter; 05-09-2012, 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Cafe2Fighter View Post
              12 wires would slim it down significantly. Im thinking about doing pre kat gauges as they can be broken apart and mounted more easily. The wiring guide confuses me tho...and wiring is my least favorite thing to do...

With the kick switch will it always read that its up if i remove it? Trying not turn my bike into a brick haha
              After this post, I would cease working on the wiring harness immediately and start finding ways to hide it instead.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
              X