X

Tools for oil change?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools for oil change?

I want to do my own oil change for the first time this weekend, and I was wondering if someone could provide me with a list of all of the tools that I will need before I get started. If you could also give me a price that I should expect to pay to buy it, that would be great too. I don't have any tools besides screw drivers so I'm expecting to spend a bit of money here unfortunately. It's about time I start to buy my own tools though.

Thanks alot! This will save me a lot of time from many trips to the hardware store.

Regards,

Jose

Torgue wrench - through Sears its $30 for a beam type and $60 for a clicker type. Do a search for the virtues or evils of each.

19mm socket (I believe) - I got mine for $3 at NAPA.

Oil filter wrench. You can also use a strap kind.

Oil drain pan.

4mm hex bit to remove the bottom fairings.

Drain pan, cat litter, and rags (if you're like me at all)

Now I would be slacking if I didn't mention the Fumoto oil drain valve at www.fumoto.com. It's part F111 and it'll have you trouble down the road.

I'm sure if I missed something, someone will chime in.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

I got all that stuff, so if $$$ is a little low, you are more than welcome to use them. call me if you want to use them. are you back in the city this weekend?
      PAUL
      93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
        X