No announcement yet.
X

Blown Off The Road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rode to Mobile, AL a couple weeks ago with my friend on his busa = travel faster than normal. The cross winds were 25-35 mph. It made the ride interesting to say the least...
    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Riding faster does help
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
        Riding faster does help

"But officer...... I was simply trying to outrun the wind".
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I had my first experience with wind gusts yesterday. Not sure of the mph of the gusts but they were enough to move my bike around. I've only been riding a few weeks, but one thing I DIDN'T do was panic. Maybe once I step up to highway riding it'll be different, but I was on back road with a posted limit of 55mph. I'll be using the advice that others have posted up if and when I'm confronted with gusts again.
          "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
          1 Corinthians 10:31
          sigpic

Comment

New tires helped but now my bike wont run right so its just sitting. Stupid carbs.
            sigpic

Comment

all that being said( and being true) i just slow down .
              im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

I try to avoid the highway... I take the back roads as much as possible I find for me its a better ride the roads snake more, less cagers trying to run you down and usually lots of trees and houses to act as wind blocks.. I'm in VA and there's a few stretches of highway wide open and the crosswinds feel like someone jumping into the side of the bike

Comment

Just remember, the only way to get better at it is to do it.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

^^^ very true. Was out yesterday coming home from a softball game and a storm was coming in. I have to thank you all for the advice listed as these tips helped a lot on state road with a 60mph speed limit as the wind started to pick up. Loosened my grip on the handles and tight tank grip helped!
                    "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
                    1 Corinthians 10:31
                    sigpic

Comment

Changed my back tire today and took the kat for a 55km ride. Worst ride ever... the wind was 30 meter / second and a little rain top of that.
                      The worst part was on a 90km/h road. I was behind a white volvo 740. The car noticed I was behind him after a while and he must have thought that I wanted to get past him, because he placed himself far to the right, giving me lots of space to drive past him.
                      Idiot that I am, I took my chance and drove past him. Right when I am in height of the volvo a HUUUUUGE wind took me by suprise and almost blowned of my magnetic tankbag (that I got for free with a magazine, therefore the poor magnetics).
                      I manage to catch the tankbag with my left elbow, resulting me halfpanic and kind of followed the bag halfway of the bike to the left.. in 90km/h... terrifying.

The good part is the Volvo held a huge distance to me the rest of the way.
                      gsx600f "katana" -00

Comment

Working...
                      X