No announcement yet.
X

random exhaust ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the $750 was for the prokit... they have others on there too from 99 to 300 also other companys that make this now too, but i was just more so talking about how awesome those things were. but i'll will be buying a set at some point in time.
    A hero need not speak, for when he is gone the world will speak for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ygolohcysp View Post
      That does seem rather awesome, but $750? For plastic tubing? For enough plastic tubing to cost $10 at home depot? I realize that it's better for the job, but still. Awesome idea, but the cost puts that out of the range of my intentions. If all I need is the shape, I'd rather spend $10, get some foam pipe insulation, and use something bendable on the inside of it to keep the shape, like a few wire coat hangers or something.
      Originally posted by cafewithballz View Post
      the $750 was for the prokit... they have others on there too from 99 to 300 also other companys that make this now too, but i was just more so talking about how awesome those things were. but i'll will be buying a set at some point in time.

Those are neat, and I can see why they would work alot better than other options. Not only do they make sure you do not exceed to much of a maximum bend, but they also make it very simple to adjust for minor adjustments and keep multiple pipes the same length. I can see where that would make a much better performance exhaust system. That said... even the lower priced option would be really hard to justify for just one exhaust build. Unless your really doing alot of exhausts (even if it's for friends or what not) then sure, maybe. I would be much more inclined to point them out to a shop that would use them and have them buy them... and work out a borrow/barter system with them.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

oh yeah krey.. it would be kinda pointless to buy them just for one build. but this isn't the first time i've been down this road. few years back i made a set of headers and exhaust for my buddy Eric's honda, and im pretty sure with the stuff i do + where i work that this isn't going to be the last time i use them either. but with that being said it'll be some time down the road befor i buy a set.
        A hero need not speak, for when he is gone the world will speak for him.

Comment

Working...
        X