X

This little Piggy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This little Piggy

I was way sick back in late October - December thanks to an unfortunate run-in with a feral pig. In danger of no more breathing sick. Bike sat for almost two months, and being a bike that hasn't seen a carb cleaning since well before I bought it I'm sure, the sitting was a bad thing. When I would start it choked it would run great, and when I killed the choke it killed the engine. Not too hard to know what was going on there right? So, over the last several months I have done the carbs, re-torqued the heads (those low torque ranges are hard to make yourself stick to man), adjusted and re-checked the valves, replaced head-cover and plug gaskets, and.... thanks to the help of threads and a little feed-back from members here... drum roll please... she cranked and purred like a kitten tonight!!!! I've rebuilt and worked on go-garts, mowers, my two-stroke engines (boat and lawn), my 4-wheeler and most maintenance on my Tacoma but this was my first street bike adventure. Stoked that I had this site for reference. Clymer doesn't quite cut it on it's own. I hope it holds up!

congrats. glad you're better.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Yeah, that was not a good time! My 9 lives are running short, which is not good considering how many people try to kill you when you are on two wheels. My bike must be lucky too. I can't believe how smooth the bike is running and I haven't done a synch yet because I don't have the tool yet. I didn't mess with the butterflies when I cleaned the carb, and by eye it looked good. It idles better now than before I tore it apart. I am tempted to throw my tank and seat on and take it for a ride.

Comment

Congratulations ! isn't it great when a plan comes togrther

Stay safe, Engelskmannen.
        Carpe Jugulum...
        1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

No doubt. Thanks Eng

Comment

I'm glad you are okay. A 750+ feral hog hit me as I was trying to avoid it at 98 mph and hit my boot and sheared off my left foot peg. We ought
            to start a feral hog smacker survival club, eh?:smt01
            Last edited by zuma; 06-30-2013, 06:54 AM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Well, feral hog hunting is quickly becoming a favorite pass-time.

Comment

Okay. I take it back. I THOUGHT it was running smoothly. I just finished making my synch tool and synching the carbs. NOW it is running well. WOW! I should be riding by tomorrow afternoon. Here's to hoping I did it all correctly!!!

Comment

Put about 20 miles on the bike today. Sounds so good now. Time to put new tires on now.

Comment

Working...
                  X