No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guage modifications. Also i got my yoshi riveted and im getting my fairing right. Also making some mirriors
    We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

• Phucking juvenile. You can do better than that. Come on, dude!!!
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Any flavor in the world and you choose salty... good thing its mine and i think its cool.

Comment

• Hey, it's your ride. Go for what ever you want. Doesn't matter what others think but, you did post it up for review. I think you can do a lot better. I see the progressive tach in an air brushed fade from green to red. Speedo meh, I'd need some thought on it. I think part of the problem is the bike won't reach skull phase...
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-13-2017, 08:00 PM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

• Hahahahaha! Thats the joke, i could have done alot better on the tach, but im happy with how the speedo looks even if she struggles to get to dishoveled hair phase lol

Comment

• Wash, wax, and rode it lol trying to put a few tanks of fuel through to change oil, clean/wax/adjust chain, and get back to adjusting/tuning the carbs.

Comment

• Pulled the carbs (again). At least I'm getting better at it. 2 hours from fully assembled bike to carbs out of it and a half hour of that was wasted trying to do carbs and airbox together. I'd really like to see someone do that in person to see what the trick is. The 2 major issues I have when trying it are:

1) I can't access the throttle cable with the airbox on. I can only get to it by reaching in where the airbox sits when attached.

2) There's physically not enough room for the carbs to slide out of the engine boots with the airbox attached. I just can't get it past the rear tank bracket (and removing that is even worse than just pulling the airbox).

Comment

• I always leave airbox on, are you removing the bracket where the air filter goes in?
                  ....disregard just saw where you said it's worse to remove it. Idk takes me 2mins to remove bracket and a lot longer messing with clamps
                  Throttle cables are by far the worst part of removing carbs!

Comment

• +1, the bracket is only 2 bolts, very easy to remove. Think they're 10mm? It's a really common size you'd need for any Kat work anyways.
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• I did my best to make sure the hurricane doesnt hurt it. Grrrr

Comment

• Well you wouldn't have to go too far to bring it back...lol

Started my repaint, colors match just fine.
                        Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-26-2017, 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

• Rode, clean, adjusted, and lubed chain.
                          So nice to be in riding condition instead of rebuilding

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                            Well you wouldn't have to go too far to bring it back...lol

Started my repaint, colors match just fine.
                            Thats the exact reason i buy old junk bikes, i never have to worry about em beimg dented or scratched, hell most people who were sane wouldnt steal em either lol.

Comment

• Well I did not do it myself, but the chain decided to leave the bike while I was cruising on the highway......
                              No damages....lucky!
                              2001-GSX600F
                              2014 CB500X

Comment

• Might want to keep up on your bike maintenance. Could of been deadly at those speeds.
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                                X