No announcement yet.
X

problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok thanks again I will look it up on how to sync the carbs and see how it gos.

Comment

Hi mate this vid should help you [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr6_Qu348is"]carb balance - YouTube[/ame]
      Last edited by Jarvo; 03-21-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ejether View Post
        Really?
        That's never how I've done (not that I've been doing it right),
        By why not synch first?

The pilot screw setting shouldn't affect vacuum but how the carbs are synched will affect your ability to set the pilot screws right???
        Okay, lets think about this. You get the carburetors all back on, installed and squared away. You sync them. Then you pull them back off, adjust the A/F screws and throw them back on. By syncing them and than taking them back off, you just destroyed everything you did by syncing them.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          Okay, lets think about this. You get the carburetors all back on, installed and squared away. You sync them. Then you pull them back off, adjust the A/F screws and throw them back on. By syncing them and than taking them back off, you just destroyed everything you did by syncing them.
          I see!
          There's the difference. I set my A/F screws while the carbs are on the bike.
          That being the case, no reason to resynch.

I get the reasoning now though, thanks arsenic.

Comment

Yeah, if you don't remove the carbs, you don't need to resync. If it's done with the carbs on the bike, it doesn't matter.

Comment

thanks that helped alot

Comment

what should I use in the bottles for the sync I have all the suplys just need to know what to put in them to start

Comment

Working...
                X