Question about GSX600/650 F GSX750 F Models

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about GSX600/650 F GSX750 F Models

Hello guys,
    My wife and I ride a 2003 GSX600 and 2000 GSX750, I have a Service Manual that says that will cover:
    GSX600F 1998-2002,
    GSX750F 1998-2002 and
    GSX750 1998-2001

So my question is, can I use this manual for our bikes? I'm a bit confused now with this 600 and 600F models, same for 750.

Any input will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Rago

The GSX-F is the Katana line; the GSX-R is the sport bike.

I believe the only difference between the '02 and later models of the 600 Katana is the tail section; mechanically they are the same.

So your service manual should be fine.

Del

Comment

There are some other minor differences between 98-02 vs 03+ models. The front end has some minor differences in measurements and spacing, the tail section as mentioned, and other minor things.

The manual can still be easily used though, as most of the differences won't matter between the models unless your trying to swap parts around.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thank you guys, my main concern is engine specs for ex : Valve clearance values, torque bolts values, part replacement number (although I don't remember having this info available in this Manual). As I said before, I have a 600 and 750 and I don't know if this kind of values would be the same. For instance I need to do a Valve clearance check/adjustment on my 750, and I need to change the Sprockets and chain, along with Carb check (if I dare to) on my 600.
        Finally, and I know this is a very, very old topic in here, but not harm in asking I guess, any chance I could get the Service manual for GSX 600 2003

Again, thank you for your replies.

Comment

You have the manual. Use it.
          sigpic

Comment

Valve clearances should be the same. Most torque values are the same - the book should mention where they differ. For example, they're different where the shock bolts up to...I don't know what its called...the bottom bit that the dogbones also bolt to...but the manual tells you what values for which model.
            Sprockets I believe are different between the 2 bikes, but again, book should tell which bike gets what tooth count.

I have a 2006 600. I've had it for 4.5 years and done all work on it using the same manual you have. It'll work for your 600
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I have a serious question I'm not if I'm doing the right but I have a 2001 Suzuki Katana 600 and I was out riding with my lil girl and we stop a few time to rest and I went to start the bike up and nothing but the neutral light and oil light but no headlights or tail light and no clicking from the starter just nothing the one thing I did notice is that the clock will turn off as soon as I turn the key to the on position but the neutral and oil light won't even dim please help me out I'm lost thanks

Comment

Look here https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...=katriders.com
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

ok thanks I'll start there sorry if I'm in the wrong forum I'm new to this

Comment

I'd start simple and check the battery and fuses.
                    There is a main fuse that can be reset that is not on the main fuse panel. The manual is available for downloading in the wiki section, it will show where that fuse, and all the others are.
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

The wiki links don't work. Mechanics 101 now.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                      X