X

vibration?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibration?

Is it normal at around 6500-7500 rpm for there to be a vibration in the grips, it feels like the motor not tire vibration?
    thanx!
    1996 Katana 600

04 Headers
    04 oil pan
    Yosh rs-3 Slip-on
    Factory Pro Jet Kit
    Factory Pro Shift Kit
    5 degree advancer

Depends on what kind of "vibration" you are experiencing...

Mine (750) does "buzz", and it feels stronger around 6.5k rpm and I feel it mostly on the pegs and on the levers. very little on the grips. Not enough to be anoying.

IMHO it's a "design feature" of this type of engine/frame setup and I think it is normal. (found this "feature" on several other bikes I've test-rided before and after the Kat...)

Comment

mines does so i think around 5500 also but once i bring the rpms up it goes away
      92 GSXF750
      83 nighthawk

Comment

its a 96 600 kat, I can mainly feel it in the grips maybe thru the tank too but the more throttle I give the stronger it seems to get. i havent had it higher than 7500 though so i dont know if it goes away?
        1996 Katana 600

04 Headers
        04 oil pan
        Yosh rs-3 Slip-on
        Factory Pro Jet Kit
        Factory Pro Shift Kit
        5 degree advancer

Comment

do you have bar ends on the handle bars?

Comment

i have seen people fill the bars with BBs or lead shot then silicone adhesive to quell the vibration. i need to do this, as well, since i removed the bar ends to install mirrors
            1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
              do you have bar ends on the handle bars?
              do you mean the metal pieces just outside the grips, if so then yes, if not then what do i need.
              1996 Katana 600

04 Headers
              04 oil pan
              Yosh rs-3 Slip-on
              Factory Pro Jet Kit
              Factory Pro Shift Kit
              5 degree advancer

Comment

my foot pegs were vibrating like crazy yeterday on the highway. i need to stop and take a break from it.

Comment

A carb tune will possibly take care of some of it, did on mine.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I'm new to my Kat. (2000 750 7.5K) Its never been down as far as I can tell. I do notice that when I take my hands off the bars while moving, the front end, and of course the handlebars, start to wobble. Its alittle un-nerving. I feel no vibrations while riding with hands-on the bars. Is this a problem? Front-end out of align? Wheel balance?
                    1999 220 KDX
                    2003 450 KTM
                    2003 Softail Std
                    2000 Katana 750
                    2004 ZZR1200

Comment

LOL maybe it's just telling you to hold onto the handlebars
                      2005 Katana 600

Comment

yeh, but sometimes it takes two hands to pick my nose <jk> !!!
                        1999 220 KDX
                        2003 450 KTM
                        2003 Softail Std
                        2000 Katana 750
                        2004 ZZR1200

Comment

Originally posted by hinmo View Post
                          I'm new to my Kat. (2000 750 7.5K) Its never been down as far as I can tell. I do notice that when I take my hands off the bars while moving, the front end, and of course the handlebars, start to wobble. Its alittle un-nerving. I feel no vibrations while riding with hands-on the bars. Is this a problem? Front-end out of align? Wheel balance?

my 600 used to do that when i let go of the bars, do a search i think i saw a few threads on it with others having the same problem, it probably comes down to type of tires

and oh yeah.... just keep your hands on the bars
                          2002 GSX-R750
                          2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Maybe also check the air pressure in ur tires

Comment

Mine did vibrate a little but i got a Throttlemeister throttle lock ( the heavy ones) and it helped alot, now i also have a throttle lock.

Comment

Working...
                              X