X

Half helmets are a NO NO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PilotC150 View Post
    When I was taking the test to get my licence there was a guy with a half helmet trying to convince everybody that a full face helmet is more dangerous because it will break your jaw, or break your neck or something when you go down (can't remember exactly). He said he's rather had road rash on his face than a broken neck, so a half helmet is safer.
    ahahahahahahahaha thats funny

Garry, I haven't ever actaully ridden with you,,, so if u wear a helmet, i apologize 98% of harley riders dont wear helmets or wear the half helmets
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I saw a picture one time of a Harley guy who slid down the road and had a large portion of his chin sanded off by the slide while wearing a half-face 'helmet.' -Didn't need any statistics after that...
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
        I just witnessed a man and his wife fall in the parking lot at my church at less than 5 mph. he was wearing no helmet and she was wearing a half helmet. AT 5mph!!!! he smashed his face on the windshield of his harley and cut above his eye needing 8 stitches. she was wearing a half helmet (which didnt even hit the ground). she smashed her chin and face and has quite a bit of rash on her face. My point here: Most of the time during a bike accident, the face is the first thing that hits the concrete. So wear a full face helmet at all times!
        I never liked those half helmets anyway, they look cheesy or like your on the last episode of *M*A*S*H...LoL..

Comment

I think they look like penis's ahhahaha i always call em crotch helmets lol
          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
          Current Bikes:

Comment

there was a young girl killed in Port Dover last year. she was on the bike with her father and she fell off the bike when he accidently popped the clutch from a stop. she smashed her head on the ground and died.

the design of the half helmet allowed the helmet to slip forward over her head on impact crushing the back of her scull.
            less then 10mph fall that could have been a bad headache ended a life
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

East Indians here don't have to remove their "religious headgear" and I saw a guy in kamloops bombing around on an old cruiser with a turban on.

Pi$$ed me off, but I think it's just natural selection. I'll be fine with full leathers and full face. But he'll probably crash and live, just to drain the economy with hospital bills.

Comment

the rider i helped today after he crashed on US129 in Lumpkin Co. Ga. had a full helmet. his helmet has rash on the faceshield and the chin bar. he faired reasonably well considering. hurt his left hand. too fast entering a sharp curve on his goldwing. was a long way from Florida.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I've only had my bike for less than year, but I had to hear hundreds of stories about why helmets save lives, followed by graphic stories of bike accidents. And yet my dad, continues to wear brainbuckets.

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post
                    East Indians here don't have to remove their "religious headgear" and I saw a guy in kamloops bombing around on an old cruiser with a turban on.

Pi$$ed me off, but I think it's just natural selection. I'll be fine with full leathers and full face. But he'll probably crash and live, just to drain the economy with hospital bills.

We had one try that bull**** here in Ontario and lost his fight.
                    Basically the courts told him he obviously took it off when he got his DL and did his road test, so he can obviously do it again.
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Full face helmet saved my face and probably more

While approaching a turn on the highway (east bound QEW/427)A serpantine belt blew on a Transit bus smacking me square in the face.It burned into my full face helmet and across my leathers .It got the bare skin on my kneck lightly and i sustained a 2nd degree burn on my throat .The visor was trashed and the helmet grooved .I couldnt imagine if it had hit my exposed face like it did what would have happened .The groove /melted line went from the top of my left eye across to the right side of my mouth diagonal.I flinched at the pain when it hit my neck making me change lanes (glad I had the room).WOW the grease and melted belt did a number on the helmet .Wear the full face is all I have say.
                      I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

I'm from WI orginally and it is true, NO ONE wears helmets in that state. You see a few sportbike riders that do but they openly admit that its usually just for looks because they have some *** looking helmet with flames on it or whatever fanboy thing they thought to crappily paint on it. I personally am half and half. If I'm riding through cities or traffic then a helmets a must, and I don't consider half helmets to even exist, they're disgusting looking and pointless, but if I'm going for a cruise on some country roads I'm one of those guys you see with just sunglasses on. I really don't like helmets they weigh my head down and catch wind drafts constantly, especially when I go to look back to check to change lanes which is so bad sometimes that it pulls the bike that way, and I prefer the feel of wind on my face and in my hair rather than being couped up in a sweaty hot helmet. To help my case I don't ride like a tard like most young riders with sport bikes do and I've NEVER had any of my bikes down on road or off. Plus I've learned to tuck and roll with perfection coming off of four wheelers at over 60 mph(I like to play rough when it has 4 wheels) and have never gotten more than a few scratches from the shrub and stick I rolled through or failed to tuck myself neatly into an armadillo looking ball.
                        Some people just prefer to feel more free( especially harley riders, my brother being one of them) and don't feel that you get the full experience with a helmet on.

Comment

Florida's only motorcycle safety requirement is that you wear eye protection. That being said, I just got a brand new full-face helmet (Scorpion Exo-1000 - Snell approved) with the secondary shades that pop down just inside of the face shield. That way if I'm cruising through my neighborhood (speed limit is 10mph), I can pop the shield up and only have about an inch of my face exposed, but still get plenty of air.
                          But I absolutely do not support helmet laws (or seat-belt laws), we have to thin out the herd somehow. Why not let the dumb ones compete for the next Darwin award?

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                            But I absolutely do not support helmet laws (or seat-belt laws), we have to thin out the herd somehow. Why not let the dumb ones compete for the next Darwin award?

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by the_antihero View Post
                              I've only had my bike for less than year, but I had to hear hundreds of stories about why helmets save lives, followed by graphic stories of bike accidents. And yet my dad, continues to wear brainbuckets.

What about loud pipes? You heard that one?
                              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                                What about loud pipes? You heard that one?
                                lol loud pipes save lives... what a crock. this one guy said he uses v & h pipes on his harley so other people can hear him coming. that way they wont hit him. lol id be so annoyed listening to that sound that id fricken purposefully gun him down . lol hahaha jk
                                Current Bikes:

Comment

Working...
                                X