X

Shell-Nitrogen vs. BP-Invigorate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell-Nitrogen vs. BP-Invigorate?

Are they doing the same thing to their gas but calling it different things? What would be better for the engine?
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
    Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
    My prayers go out to his family & friends.
    He is the best there was and ever been.
    RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

To soon to tell ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

It's just marketing! forget it.

Comment

(A) Correction: Invigorate is BP-specific according to their FAQ.

(B) I suspect it's BP's attempt at counter-marketing against Shell's marketing (trying to prevent their customers who actually have a brand-preference from potentially jumping ship). I don't see any claims of anything new except the name itself (i.e. - the branding). But they are claiming (again in their FAQ) that Invigorate will clear 66% of an engine's deposits in FIVE (5!) tankfuls. That's a very strong claim, and if you burn through fuel regularly, using it for 10 tankfuls won't hurt you

(C) I have no clue which brand will be the first to bring gasoline formulated from natural gas recombination to market in the USA, but in Germany right now, it's said to be cleaner engines even without the additives because the basis for the fuel itself is cleaner...

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Last edited by The CyberPoet; 04-26-2009, 09:26 PM. Reason: More info...
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

good point there. I'm not going to go out of my way to fill up with Shell, being the nearest one is about 35 miles away, but when i'm there, i'll fill up with it. or if i'm by a BP i'll fill up with that. Overall, i'd rather fill up at a Super America cuz of the Speedy Rewards points lol. besides, every 1000 miles, i do 2 tanks with a half pint of Sea-Foam each. I'm sure ppl have their opinions on Sea-Foam, as i have heard many myself working at a gas station that sells it, but it's more or less peace of mind i guess.

Comment

Sea Foam is good, so is Chevron Techron.

I pretty much only filled up at Chevron's when I was down south, and chevron adds Techron to there gas, so when you fill up with it you get the benifits of it.

After my bike was sitting all that time, I had no varnish build up, when I pulled the carbs to clean them, I am thinking that had to do with the Techron. So yeah, I definately beleive some of those additives work.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I don't think there are any Cheverons around central Minnesota, but thanks for the heads up! I'm sure the Shell with nitrogen will help..well if it doesn't, i'm sure it won't do any harm. I'm not one to worry about a few cents difference in gas price when fill ups are only 6 to 7 bucks anyways.

Where were you down south that had Chevrons?

Comment

That Seafoam stuff is amazing. If that stuff works then I will pay the 3-8 cent/gallon difference for a few fill ups. Otherwise, I will continue to use the local guys for my fuel needs.
                Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

With gas prices lower they are just looking for ways to dilute the fuel, stretch it farther so they make more $$$ and use less oil doing it... that's more $$$ for them
                  don't buy into the latest gimmick...
                  Runs 87 octane, a quality group IV-V synthetic, sea foam couple times a year and your engine will be spotless
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by mjangus89 View Post
                    Where were you down south that had Chevrons?
                    They're pretty much throughout the SE and SW -- you can run from FL to California and only tank at them if you want.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Oh so pretty much everywhere but here? lol

Comment

so what does it do exactly?

Comment

Supposedly remove engine sludge build-up aggressively in those areas that see the fuel or fuel-air mixture.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I posted about Shell a week ago. since then I have run 100 plus miles and love it. It seems to be more responsive and idle better warm ups are real quick too.The week before it took forever to warm up (not now) If it is a gimmick they sucked me in. I am now a Shell fan from now on!!!!
                            05 Kat 600
                            Yoshi RS3
                            Bar Risers
                            Road Attacks
                            Fumoto Valve
                            Corbin Seat w / backrest
                            Sportech black chrome windscreen
                            Custom garage door opener

Comment

Originally posted by Bergy2 View Post
                              I posted about Shell a week ago. since then I have run 100 plus miles and love it. It seems to be more responsive and idle better warm ups are real quick too.The week before it took forever to warm up (not now) If it is a gimmick they sucked me in. I am now a Shell fan from now on!!!!
                              I was always a shell fan for my newer cars, but my older cars got the cheapest gas I could find. My scooter always got the best 91 I could find, and the kat will be getting the best 87 I can find(which will probably be Shell). Not sure which grade the SV likes best but it will probably be shell gas lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X