X

Front Hub/Fender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Hub/Fender

Does anyone know a good to remove this. There are 4 alan screws holding it to the plate. I managed to remove one of the 4. Do I have to remove the front wheel to access the rest. I need advice quick, I installed red LED lighting throughout, just got the bike painted black....sooo seeexxxyyy. But my front hubis still blue
    *It's a 97 before I forget.
    Thanks

when removing the front fender i have always taken the front wheel off, but then again i was changing fork seals as well. it is the easiest way to do it. i think. i found you can't remove the 4 bolts that hold the metal plate to the fork tubes and get it out, i always had to remove the fender from the plate and then plate from the forks.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80
      when removing the front fender i have always taken the front wheel off, but then again i was changing fork seals as well. it is the easiest way to do it. i think. i found you can't remove the 4 bolts that hold the metal plate to the fork tubes and get it out, i always had to remove the fender from the plate and then plate from the forks.
      I'm in the process of doing the same thing. I'd remove the wheel, but I dont have torque wrenches (at least I think I need one to put the wheel back on porperly). BarM, how did you get the plate off? I can't seem to get under the smaller side of the fender to loosen those bolts. Do you have a special tool?

BTW, here are a few links I got from searching the forum. As for removing the front wheel (pre 98's) looks like some do and some don't....

This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

yeah retorquing is needed if you remove the wheel. you can rent them at napa, advanced auto, autozone, pretty much any parts store for free, just put a deposit and once you bring it back they refund it.

i have only taken off the front fender when i have taken off the front wheel, so i cna't comment on how to take it off with the wheel on. I couldn't imagine doing it with it on, but i think some have before. the way i do it is, remove the wheel, take the 4 nuts and bolts that hold the fender to the plate off and then the 4 hex head bolts that hold the plate to the forks.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
        X