X

1988 Suzuki Katana "Country Brawler"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Suzuki Katana "Country Brawler"

Changed it up a bit. Not using the '88 anymore, got a much better candidate for a fighter build. Check the thread for updates.
    Last edited by Christ; 10-24-2012, 10:03 PM.
    Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

WOW do you have your work cut our man. hope it all goes well

Comment

Oooh,

Looks like a big project. Hope it goes well for you.

Take lots of pics.

Subscribed

Comment

nice 88! mine was in just about the same shape when i got it....

i also have the 88 600.

the sevice manual has the wiring diagram!
        "How about you come over to Myspace and Twitter my Yahoo until I Google all over your Facebook"

Comment

Holy cow, good luck buddy! Will certainly be following this rebuild...
          In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Originally posted by spatula6554 View Post
            Holy cow, good luck buddy! Will certainly be following this rebuild...
            Well, there's a reason it's in the SF forum... LOL.
            Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

Comment

Holy moly...Just...wow.

Keep us updated. Btw, can I buy that chain?

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                Holy moly...Just...wow.

Keep us updated. Btw, can I buy that chain?
                No, sir. If I had another one, I'd sell it.

If anyone wants that right side tail cover, it's free + shipping.

The marker light is junk, and the Sharpie lines identify a crack in the plastic, but it's fixable.

Comment

Holy S***!!!!

Quite a project you're undertaking. Have patience, don't rush anything, and don't try to tackle everything at once. Keep updating us.... I love to see stuff like this come together.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

A little polish would sort that out

Good to see someone taking on a really neglected bike & hopefully making it all good again, best of luck mate

tone
                    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Wow, that's rough. Good Luck!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

My kid decided he wanted to show off his riding skills today:

He's 9 months old... I'm building an X1 Ninja for him already LOL. Gonna put training wheels on it, and fighter it out for him.

Comment

whoa !!
                          that ride definitely needs to be rescued

Comment

it just might take someone of your name to SAVE that bike

Comment

Oh man.. What a heart breaker....
                              Your boy.. Not the bike..

The bike... That will buff right out..
                              Now I have seen a lot of crazy ****, but wire nuts on a motorcycle harness... That is a new one..

Comment

Working...
                              X