1996 Suzuki Katana Wiring Diagram!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Suzuki Katana Wiring Diagram!!

Hi,

I have been trying to find a free 1996 Suzuki Katana GSX600 wiring diagram and I just can't find one. I have the harness at my house and it is different than the 1988-1995. On the diagram it says its similar but it is different.

Thanks also not sure what some plugs are I will post them up and maybe you guys can identify them for me!

Both of these connectors have wires that come from the ICM (CDI)

Both of these wires come from the ICM Box

The Red and Blue wires are from the ICM and the other wire is a ground. Not sure what either of these 2 connectors are!
    Last edited by Patthehat033; 02-08-2012, 12:20 AM.

use the wiki above and down load the whole manual.

? can't figure out if your showing the team logo or wiring. What exactly are you asking? Where the wires go on the CDI?
    If you lay the harness out to where it is on the bike you should find matching plugs around. Keep in mind not every wire has a connection point. I looked at all diagrams here's my thought blue neutral safety switch, red tach signal, black sidestand switch.
    That plug connector looks nothing like any connection on my kat is it triangle lay out or square.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 02-08-2012, 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      use the wiki above and down load the whole manual.

? can't figure out if your showing the team logo or wiring. What exactly are you asking? Where the wires go on the CDI?
      If you lay the harness out to where it is on the bike you should find matching plugs around. Keep in mind not every wire has a connection point. I looked at all diagrams here's my thought blue neutral safety switch, red tach signal, black sidestand switch.
      That plug connector looks nothing like any connection on my kat is it triangle lay out or square.
      I have tried the wiki but I cannot find the 96' on there only previous years. Haha and I am referring to the two plugs that are in my hand. The white one is a triangle shape. And the tach signal is a different wire on the CDI, unless it has two seperate tach signals. the only model that has these wires is the 96', do you think if I wire the CDI up like every previous model has it, then it will work without these wires?

Comment

Originally posted by Patthehat033 View Post
        do you think if I wire the CDI up like every previous model has it, then it will work without these wires?
        Yes.
        Many harnesses have extra connections. Harnesses are mass produced, So one you buy in FL will still have all the electrical connectors the CA model uses for its emission equip, they will just be unused connections.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Okay, so do you think those wires are most likely signal wires and not safety switches that would have to be bypassed?

Comment

Try starting it up. If it starts then your good to go.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

+1
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Can we get a bigger picture?

LOL
                THE DOC
                RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                mistake when you make it again.
                sigpic

Comment

Here is the wiring diagram for it. Those are the two connectors that are unmarked that come from the red and blue wires from the Ignitor, and the red/black and green/blue wire from the ignitor.

What do you think they go to?

Comment

For those that are curious that wire goes No where, mine doesn't connect to anything.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Patthehat033 View Post
                      ..I have tried the wiki but I cannot find the 96' on there only previous years....
                      Try looking a bit harder.. http://norwestsuspension.com/files/1...50-1100F-R.pdf
                      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Working...
                      X