X

Help Installing Clear Lenses/LED Lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Installing Clear Lenses/LED Lights

Ok, I'm stuck and I need some help. I just bought these and am not sure if I'm missing a part or not.

Here is the brake light:

And, here is the back of my bike where I need to install the new light:

The problem is, if you can see from the first picture, that there is no bulb attached to the new brake light. So, how am I supposed to get the old bulb removed...or...um, I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

What I had to do was break and pull off the bulb in the second picture, then the fixture in the new brake light fit together with the electrical components.

So, awesome, I got the rear brake light on. Now to take off the whole front fairings and do the turn signals. Ugh.

Comment

One freaking screw barred my way from taking the fairings off, so I wasn't able to install the front turn signals today.

Also, after putting everything back together I wasn't able to put two screws back on that help to hold the rear brake light in place. I have no idea how I got them off, but can't put them back on.
      And, I have three extra screws left. Weird.

Comment

you shouldn't have had to break the bulb. it is just like a car, push down alittle, and twist i think counter clockwise, but don't quote me on this. and then your new light the metal part fits in how your old bulb was, once you get the bulb out it will look like the metal part on your new light. you push it down and twist, if it won't go one way, turn 180 degrees and try again(of course pushing down and turning opposite direction that it took to get it out) this is because the pins on the metal base are at different heights.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

It was a pain in the butt...but, at least it's done...almost.

Comment

Nice job.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I just figured out how to install the front turn signals, too. And, no, I didn't even need to take off the front fairings.

Comment

Where did you get the LEDs??

Comment

i'm glad u the lights installed,it looks good.
                  hey i see your kat is blue just like my kat
                  the kat
                  http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/DSCN1400.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ironhorse
                    Where did you get the LEDs??
                    I bought them from kat2001. $160 bones and I just installed the corners, too. They look nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X