Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOTM silliness

My $0.02.
    Seems to me that silliness follows every KOTM announcement,
    Nominations or voting. Pimping, eligibility, Bolt on vs. homemade whatever.
    I think Z summed it up pretty well.

1. you are eligible
    2. someone nominates you
    3. someone seconds the nomination
    4. people vote.
    5. EOS (end of story)

Will everyone agree about the winner? only if the voting was 100%.
    Have there been votes were the winner didn’t get the most votes?
    Do people think the Mods are “stuffing ballots”? Come on…

Personally I dislike the pimping aspect. I like to keep up with people’s mods and generally make up my mind who I’m going to nominate and vote for way before the show opens. Yes I am partial to pre 98s but I can appreciate any bike.
    Personally I like it when someone makes something either from scratch or modifies a part for a different bike to work on a Kat.
    But that is just me. I think anyone can open a catalog and whip out a credit card but it takes imagination and skill to turn bicycle foot pegs into frame sliders. Or graft a RF fairing onto a Kat.
    I think the rules are fair and I trust the voting.
    Pimping is going to make me look the other way.
    I think it’s too bad that some of the Kats I liked haven’t won but to gripe IS sour grapes.
    HS2020 and Bearkat won.. two fine examples of pre 98’s.
    I think that few would argue that Beekman or Speedee shouldn’t have won their turns around.
    Bottom line is you think it’s a joke? Start your own club. Other wise work harder on your ride.
    This site isn’t Us Vs Them… It’s Us and US…
    My bike isn’t anywhere near KOTM level. If it gets there and loses?
    Whatever, I’m not making it for KOTM. I’m making it for me..
    I'd be psyched just getting the nomination..

Just to add, I can tell you that when I get a PM or email from a nominee asking for support, he or she will absolutely not get my support.

Comment

+1

Comment

Good call Greg

Comment

Just remember, being nominated for KOTM and even having a KOTM contest at all is not a right, its a privilege to be apart of it.

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
            Just to add, I can tell you that when I get a PM or email from a nominee asking for support, he or she will absolutely not get my support.
            Agreed.. It's just a different form of spam in my view... Hey Z.. Does phpBB have any mods for a spam filter?
            Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Thank you Mr. Black_Peter for puting me in the likes of HS2020. I do get a little put off by some of the gripping about KTOM. But in all, I feel that it is a good thing. To show the hard work and customizing of the Katana. I mean, what about a ride like KatsandDogs? That thing is all stock, just very well maintained and looks great. I totaly agree that pm pimping is not cool.

And for the record all the pimping on my ride was done by Duffy all on his own.
              1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
              2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
              Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat

And for the record all the pimping on my ride was done by Duffy all on his own.
                Hey, he's your pet right?!?! Isn't there a leash law on here?

Comment

I don't know about leash laws, but I know I forgot to put him in his cage after that......Thanks Z for helping me with that one.......I think its Lou and Cory's turn to start cleaning up after him.
                  1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                  2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                  Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
                    Fine your off my christmas card list....

Comment

If you pimp your KOTM through PM, please attatch PayPal as well

Comment

Originally posted by ghost
                        Originally posted by AHF
                        Fine your off my christmas card list....
                        Hey, I didn't name names here...but Mrs. Faith did mention your PM.

Comment

You guys are forgetting that this site is to have fun... Dont take things so seriously.... Look at what good came out of the PM campaign..... More people took time to vote and look at the site..... There can only be one winner and for June it was Tok....To be nominated and be part of it is great but One can't play his best if he doesnt try his best to win.......Hats off to Tok and everyone who took time to vote.... Like it or not pimping is part of the game.... 8) Just vote for who you like the best and you have done your part.....

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                            If you pimp your KOTM through PM, please attatch PayPal as well
                            How much is a vote worth these days? All I needed was 12 more and the world could have been mine.....

Comment

Originally posted by ghost
                              You guys are forgetting that this site is to have fun... Dont take things so seriously.... Look at what good came out of the PM campaign..... More people took time to vote and look at the site..... There can only be one winner and for June it was Toc....To be nominated and be part of it is great but One can't play his best if he doesnt try his best to win.......Hats off to Toc and everyone who took time to vote.... Like it or not pimping is part of the game.... 8) Just vote for who you like the best and you have done your part.....
                              One thing that I don't think anyone here can be accused of is forgetting that this site is to have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X