X

Clutch adjustment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch adjustment

Ok..with the bike warmed up..on the center stand...at idle with it in neutral the rear tire doesn't move..but still in neutral give it gas and the back tire slowly turns.is the clutch too tight??j

And I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving
    Last edited by Parts man; 11-24-2018, 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It wants to go riding.

Comment

Thats normal.
      Theres a name for it...I thinks it hydroscopic or something...its some weird technical word.
      Basically, its the fluid whipping around inside the clutch basket making it turn...at least thats how I understand it.
      Its funny, I see this same question pop up from time to time. Ever put your car into drive without mashing the gas pedal and it still wants to move forward ? Same thing !
      EDIT: Damn, I don't know how many times I'm going to edit this damn post...Anyway, you want about nickle thickness worth of cable play between your clutch lever and the perch/mount.
      Last edited by katanarider; 11-24-2018, 10:55 PM.
      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Thanks for the info..I thought it was normal but wanted input from you guys...clutch cable has about that much play..I think we're good.

Hey bb..I wants to go riding too but it's too damn cold and rainy for me
        Last edited by Parts man; 11-25-2018, 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
          Thats normal.
          Theres a name for it...I thinks it hydroscopic or something...its some weird technical word.
          Basically, its the fluid whipping around inside the clutch basket making it turn...at least thats how I understand it.
          Its funny, I see this same question pop up from time to time. Ever put your car into drive without mashing the gas pedal and it still wants to move forward ? Same thing !
          EDIT: Damn, I don't know how many times I'm going to edit this damn post...Anyway, you want about nickle thickness worth of cable play between your clutch lever and the perch/mount.
          It’s parasitic drag, hydroscopic mean it absorbs water, like brake fluid will.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I appreciate the feedback guys..my other bikes may have done the same thing I just noticed it on the kat.

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
              It’s parasitic drag, hydroscopic mean it absorbs water, like brake fluid will.
              Yeah partsman, gosh...Like duh
              My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Never hurts to ask for some input

Comment

Working...
                X