X

1988 katana 600 carb parts ???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 katana 600 carb parts ???

Just picked this up and I'm looking for carb kits and parts. Several places seem to be out of stock. Any good ideas or does the 1990 kits work ???

No, the 1990-1997 (BST33SS) 600 kits do not work with the 88-89 600 carbs (BST31SS). The 88-89 600 carbs really blow. It's relatively easy to use the 90-97 600 carbs with an 88. That's a much better option in my opinion.

Comment

Thx for the info. What, if any modifications are necc. to put the '90 and newer carbs on ??? That might be a good change in the long run if it's not a big deal. Arsenic, hope you're not too biased with the info seeing as you have a set of carbs for sale Thx, Dave.
      Last edited by dsrdave; 03-15-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

No, I ALWAYS have sets of carbs for sale. And right now I do not have any rebuilt 90-97 600 carbs ready to go. Don't take my opinion on it. Ask any member of the forum if the 90-97 600 carbs are better than the 88-89 600 carbs. Here's a set that sold yesterday. I'll let you decide if I know what I'm talking about.
        carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97
        That doesn't mean I don't have any. I have 3. 1 with stock jetting. One with a Dynojet stage 1 & 3 jet kit, and 1 with a Factory Pro stage 1 jet kit. They just aren't done yet.
        Last edited by arsenic; 03-15-2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

If you can upgrade, do so. I have the 88 carbs in my ummm 88 gsx600 They are hard to get parts for, and the metal float needle sucks (rubber tip float needle seals better), the jetting sucks, and I hate reaching in the frame to pull the choke

I'm almost done rebuilding a set of 93 carbs to upgrade it. However, keep in mind you will need the choke lever and cable (replacing the left hand control) also the airbox will need to be changed. The intake boots you can keep I guess, but then you will have sync ports on the intake boots and the carbs, don't really see an issue with it, but going to change that on mine.

Comment

Working...
          X