No announcement yet.
X

Luggage rack fabrication

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bar I bought is hollow . It is durable . I have tested it . Ask me how .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I've been working on plans to add side racks to my VFR that I can easily take my luggage on and off of. One aspect that took a bit to work out was how to securely lock the luggage to the rack without a big hassle or using two locks. I finally came up with a design I liked last night:

I was originally designing a rack that required welding, but it's changed to the point where I don't think it will require welding anymore (gusset plates are a big part of this). Since I can't TIG, this will give me the option of using aluminum, although I'll probably use steel since it would probably fare better if the bike goes over.

EDIT: Keyed sash lock looks something like this: http://shop.menards.com/shop/utility...ea/p-37273.htm

Comment

Had a Renntec rack on my last GSXF, and on the old Kawasaki too. In a word: Flawless.

Comment

Is revsperformance the only distributor in North America? Would love to find someone in Canada who carries renntec

Comment

Working...
          X