X

2003 hayabusa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 hayabusa

recently sold the kat to my dad who had his bike "stolen" by my mom, who realized that a 250 ninja was not enough power nor fun!

SO i bought a 2003 Hayabusa with 12k miles. for 5K

FULL TI brocks exhaust
    PC3 (Using stock PC Map ;( )
    Corbin front and rear with backrest
    throttlemeister
    helibars
    hawk chain oiler
    Bi Xenon Hids with projector
    -1 front sprocket
    BMC race filter
    SS Lines/EBC HH pads

comfort:
    with the touring mods that came on the bike. this bike is Wicked comfortable like the kat was. although the kat sat upright a little more, this bike still feels like there is alot of support where needed. the leg cutouts in the tanks are of sufficient size and much larger than kawi's cut outs.
    wind protection with the stock windscreen is soso. at 6'1 it hits me in the chest on the highways. i have found this to actually be nice at times becauase the wind holds you up. after riding for 3 hours i notice no back, neck nor wrist pain. the ergos seem to be perfect

Stability/handling:
    the busa Feels alot like the Kat did. yes it feels SLIGHTLY heavyer (removing stock exhaust saves Alot of weight and gets it much closer to kat weight) i feel its hard to compair bikes because i had the correctly setup suspension on the kat for my weight, but in the busa its still stock. i can tell you that it feel VERY planted in turns and under acceleration. on the highway the bike feels glued.

Power:
    power is like a Kat on Roids.... the engine has many of the same Suzuki engine noises and feels. the vibrations feel like suzuku vibrations. the power is quick and fast reving. at around 170hp and 95ft/lb's the bike pulls like a raped ape. if you move off the tank and back into the seat..at 270 pounds the front wheels wants to lift, and yet the lift is slow enough that it can be controlled. the Faster the bike goes the quicker it wants to go. i noticed that under 3k, the bike feels sluggish, and jerky. although im assuming that is due to the ****ty PC3 stock Map. the bike feels grunty and squatty. and just loves the brisk twist of the right wrist. the power is enough to scoot you back into the passager seat or the hump, and put a HUGE smile on your face!

Looks:
    Looks are in the eye of the beholder. personally i think it looks like a Beast of a sport bike, it looks UNAGILE, and yet under the right hands, can hang with the crowd easy!

Brakes: the brakes seem to be on par with the bike, if not a little weak. the addition of the SS Lines and EBC HH pads made a HUGE difference. the bike feels like a step up from the kat, and a step under the nice BRembo's. the in stock form with 12k miles and 9 years, i found out what BRAKE fade was... the lines are softer and progressively squishy.

Passanger seat: passangers so far have said that the seat is spacious and roomy. the seat is large and gives amble room for butt. the angle between the seat and the foot pegs give enough room for the legs to not be super cramped like a modern 600 bike. the Busa Hump to replace the passanger seat is a GREAT help when out siding solo and really looking to accelerate. it keep you from sliding back.

Conclusion:
    This bike is the perfect mix of comfort/sport and touring with a HUGE mix of power! i feel like this bike hits all the needs i personally could want in a bike. it feels like the kats cousin on roids and crack.

PICtures:
    Pics to come!
    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

As far as the map, Brocks will set you up with one if you are the one who purchased the exhaust. Shoot them an email, they'll be glad to help.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Waiting for pics
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Woodmysta View Post
        Waiting for pics
        +1
        http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

been working that last new nights. will get pics!

Comment

thanks for the info, im debating between yamaha R1 and hayabusa...(when im ready to get another one)
            2002 Suzuki GSX-750F
            2007 Subaru Impreza
            2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Comment

Ditto on the pics.

Comment

Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

grats, seems like youre having a blast
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Cool. Enjoy the new ride!
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

im off tomarrow. will do. i worked 40 of the last 72 hours...so all free time has been sleep time. ill take some tomarrow when i install my new brake pads!

Comment

How would you compare the wind protection to the Kat?

Comment

the wind protection with the stock windscreen is quite good actually and im 6'1. i have a Double bubble on sale and we will see how much better it is. atm the wind is pushed onto my chest, but its Very tolerabe compaired. it does seem as buffeting nor strong

Comment

yesssssss the beast!!!!

blue 2001 Katana 600 - Hindle slip on, Hole shot 5 degree ignition advancer

Comment

Needs moar seat cowl.

520#? God they ARE that heavy, doesn't feel like it when you twist the throttle.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X