X

Some ignition help needed please!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some ignition help needed please!

Soo.. recently someone cut my ignition wire and try to hot wire my bike.. clearly they failed bt then left me on replacing it.

I just bought a cheap eBay one(my mistake) and just installed it today..

One problem though... it looks like the ignition switch was wired incorrectly.. when I put my bike in park and the lock position.. bike turns on

When I turn the bike off.. it goes in to park (with the tail light on) 🤦*♂️

I was wondering if someone know which wire are which just in case imma get hassle trying to get a new 1

Originally posted by jponce View Post
    Soo.. recently someone cut my ignition wire and try to hot wire my bike.. clearly they failed bt then left me on replacing it.

I just bought a cheap eBay one(my mistake) and just installed it today..

One problem though... it looks like the ignition switch was wired incorrectly.. when I put my bike in park and the lock position.. bike turns on

When I turn the bike off.. it goes in to park (with the tail light on) 🤦*♂️

I was wondering if someone know which wire are which just in case imma get hassle trying to get a new 1
    Wiring diagrams in the free to download manuals on the site.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Some advice needed

Soo I have not been able to start the bike ever since the ignition wire was cut.. I'm kinda limited to the tools I have and the one major one I don't have is a volt meter..

The bike ran and started fine before they cut my ignition soo I'm not sure what is causing a no spark ( I've changed spark plug and tested and it seems to show no spark)

Are there fuses outside the 30a one that control the ignition? They did pop the 30a fuse so was not to sure if anything else control the ignition
      Can a faulty ignition switch cause no spark? ( I spliced the old one back together because of the defect on the new one I got)

I'm running out of option what they could have done when they cut my ignition wire

Comment

Yes, it can. Chinese electrical is not wired the same, color codes are not the same.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          Yes, it can. Chinese electrical is not wired the same, color codes are not the same.
          Yup.. it was the faulty ignition wire. Finally got a good ignition, installed it, and it fired up within two cranks.. appreciate the info 👍
          Last edited by jponce; 08-08-2017, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X