Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Moto Brackets Windscreen (pics requested!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto Brackets Windscreen (pics requested!)

Considering one of these. I've heard Moto Brackets are alright, but I have searched high and low and haven't found pictures of one of these on a 98+ kat.

Moto Brackets Acrylic Windscreen

I can't tell if that is just a universal photo or if that is specific to katanas. Does anyone have pictures they want to show off? If so, how does it perform on the highway?

Currently my windshield throws wind directly into my forehead and turns me into a bobblehead. Air flowing 6 inches either up or down from this would be a vast improvement.

There is a picture of a Moto Brackets windshield here but that one looks like the OEM shape, not a bubble or even a smaller/flatter screen.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Flounder; 04-15-2012, 12:11 AM. Reason: Fixed link
    sigpic
    "Why do I ride a bike? Aside from the feeling of freedom, excitement, and adrenaline... probably the 90 million miles of headroom."
    "Katrina" 2001 750 Black/Anthracite

Reading the reviews, it looks like it doesn't do too well at speeds above what a Kat'll do. Nothing about it being taller than stock, though.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I guess for $50 you can't be too picky. Wishful thinking on my part I suppose. Thanks for pointing out the reviews, I only read about 10 of them at first and they seemed really positive. Now that I think about it, it makes sense for a site to hide the bad reviews at the bottom...

A lot of people have great experiences with them though, and I don't go above 85 often at all, and usually that is pre-meditated (my friends and I have a great top-speed spot) and I could just swap them out in ten minutes while the bike warms up.

My other thought is that on a kat the windshield wouldn't seem to stick up very far past the top mounting bolts and might not be as susceptible to flexing fom higher speed runs. On a newer ninja or an R6/1 the windshield is unsupported for basically the top half. Also, most of the reviews complaining about fitting are for R6s specifically.

Anyone have one installed now or previously? I am really interested in the air pocket height on a kat.
      sigpic
      "Why do I ride a bike? Aside from the feeling of freedom, excitement, and adrenaline... probably the 90 million miles of headroom."

Comment

How do I make my own post to ask everyone a question? I need help with my bike, it wont do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder View Post
          My other thought is that on a kat the windshield wouldn't seem to stick up very far past the top mounting bolts and might not be as susceptible to flexing fom higher speed runs. On a newer ninja or an R6/1 the windshield is unsupported for basically the top half. Also, most of the reviews complaining about fitting are for R6s specifically.
          The photo in the linked ad is not a Kat screen. The second photo link with the screen on a Kat shows it is only supported to about half height. Apart from being smoked, it looks like close to stock shape, so that should answer your questions re air flow etc.

From my experience with a cheapish Skidmarx DB screen, I'd pay the extra money and buy something of known quality. The fit and finish on the Skidmarx is very poor. The only advantage of that is I won't be upset when I drill holes in it and modify it to make it actually work.

Comment

Looks pretty cheap and chinese-y.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Anyone who got one? Would love to see how it looks on the bike.
              gsx600f "katana" -00

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                The photo in the linked ad is not a Kat screen.
                Didn't realize that until I took my fairings off today. As soon as I saw the center mounting hold I immediately recognized my mistake. Thanks!

Originally posted by leufert View Post
                Anyone who got one? Would love to see how it looks on the bike.
                Check the second link in my first post.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder View Post
                  Check the second link in my first post.

looks good
                  gsx600f "katana" -00

Comment

i just installed the zero gravity sr windscreen. I highly reccomend it.

Comment

Thinnk I'm going to go with this one as it looks nice in the pic provided above. I've heard that at higher speeds (110mph+) that it isn't worth it, which should suit my needs fine because I doubt I'd be at speeds that high on a regular basis!
                      "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
                      1 Corinthians 10:31
                      sigpic

Comment

having ordered both a chinese cheapo windscreen and what zero gravity's outlet (ZeroGravityOutlet on eBay - it's them, for sure... it's the right city in CA) says is a "defect" windscreen, the Zero Gravity unit is markedly higher quality and has better optics. The chinese one looked like it was made of the same plastic they use to make black trash bags. ick.

just saying, you may end up much happier with the Zero Gravity SR windscreen
                        Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                        Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                        2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

^^^ This is true! It seems to never fail that the old saying "You get what you pay for" applies more often than not. Zero Gravity was my second choice and didn't read many bad reviews on their windscreens.
                          "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
                          1 Corinthians 10:31
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X