Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Mean Green to Black Beauty (getting started)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mean Green to Black Beauty (getting started)

PROJECT FINISHED PICTURES HERE:
    http://katriders.com/vb/showpost.php...1&postcount=59

Bought this bike last weekend, and Im ready to tear it apart.

Things to do
    -New tires
    -New/larger rearview mirrors
    -New windsheild
    -New Clutch lever
    -Fix rear turn signal
    -Change green/white paint job to solid black with gloss
    -Clean/fix all the chrome
    -Get that goofy green paint off the pipe
    -Lay mesh under openings
    -Possibly replace grab bar, i sort of like it how it is
    -get all the missing bolts I need to keep the bike frame bolted on. Stays on fine, but is missing some
    -Get decals/logos. I want it to actually say Suzuki on it. Id prefer if it said GSXF on it instead of katana too.
    -Get my gf in a sexy bikini, and take some photos of her on it... lol

Goal is something like this:

Any suggestions guys? I have to finish paying off the bike (Dad loaned me the cash I didnt have), but after that, Im getting to work!
    Last edited by Fault; 01-20-2012, 03:59 AM.
    Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Are you asking for suggestions for the bike, or for the pics of your girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by ygolohcysp View Post
      Are you asking for suggestions for the bike, or for the pics of your girlfriend?
      Lol good one. Already have ideas for her lol
      Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

Update:

Got the whole body stripped, everything is off but the back tire. Things to do:

-New Tires
        -New Header Pipe Gaskets
        -New Header Pipe Bolts
        -New Plugs
        -New Oil
        -New Oil Filter
        -Possibly More body Screws and clips
        -New Clutch lever

Sorry about quality, taken with my phone, not my step moms super nice camera:

Last edited by Fault; 11-27-2010, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Some serious toys in the background there....must spend a bit of time at Milan, eh?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
            Some serious toys in the background there....must spend a bit of time at Milan, eh?
            Good eye. My dad drag races, actually just won with the dragster his last run of the season.

His team profile, hasnt been updated in a long time, but still some good pics: http://www.dragracecanada.com/media/...ofiles/148.asp

Comment

Good plan to get rid of the Kawasaki green on that Kat. I'd love a garage/shop like that to work in.
              2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
              2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
              1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
              1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
                Good plan to get rid of the Kawasaki green on that Kat. I'd love a garage/shop like that to work in.
                Its a 6 part garage. We keep our motorhome, 3 trailers, 2 harleys, 2 dragsters, 1 sportster, 1 jr dragster, 2 atvs, 2 jetskis, 1 dirt bike, 2 harleys, 1 suzuki, 1 tracktor, all the repair and rebuild equipment we need, and have a little lounge with a TV, and a upstairs storage area. Its bigger than our house, and could probably fit 3 cesenas. Needless to say, my dad likes his toys.

His nickname for it is "The Garage-mahall"

Comment

6-part garage! Place of my dreams!!

Probably going to be in the housing market again in the next couple of years, bought my current place knowing the garage wasn't big enough. Possibly buy a place out in the sticks.

Hauling that 1100 motor downstairs over the holiday weekend pretty much sucked. And it was a whole lot easier going DOWN than it will be UP!

Damn gravity...
                  1988 GSX1100F - moving under its own power! Final assembly, carb balancing, etc.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thainglo View Post
                    6-part garage! Place of my dreams!!

Probably going to be in the housing market again in the next couple of years, bought my current place knowing the garage wasn't big enough. Possibly buy a place out in the sticks.

Hauling that 1100 motor downstairs over the holiday weekend pretty much sucked. And it was a whole lot easier going DOWN than it will be UP!

Damn gravity...
                    Lol, yea the house was already built on a 3 acre plot, so he built the garage. Its classified as a pull barn, its actually more like 2 3 part garages back to back, because its not six long, but 3 in front, 3 in back. Its rediculous. When I saw it when it was finished, my gf and I agreed it was the most obnoxious thing wed ever seen.

Mind you, he has a 3 part garage for his mower, his and my stepmoms car, and all my sisters crap. And then he bitches about every little $50 doctors visit I had as a kid... (which were once a year)
                    Last edited by Fault; 11-29-2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

My, it is nice!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Just got the bike done painted, will post pictures later. Going out to get some plugs and a filter. Are the plugs for the katana fairly standard, or do I have to go to a suzuki store?

Comment

I always wanted to live in one of those huge garage type/warehouse places that have a house inside them so I could keep my toys inside. Then I realized that I can't afford more than one toy at a time, so just the one garage connected to a house is fine.
                          "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

Originally posted by Fault View Post
                            Just got the bike done painted, will post pictures later. Going out to get some plugs and a filter. Are the plugs for the katana fairly standard, or do I have to go to a suzuki store?
                            NGK JR9B. I haven't bought new ones yet, but there are several online sites that have them. Did you pick up a set locally?
                            1988 GSX1100F - moving under its own power! Final assembly, carb balancing, etc.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

Jr9B? Thought they took cr9 like the rest of the world..

BK that's nowhere close to kawi green, and you need new tires BAD, waaaay before you need new paint...
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X