X

New Pants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pants

Well, I'm looking to upgrade my gear, again. This is getting expensive.

Anyway, I currently have my Shoei 1100 helmet, Alpinestars SP-1 full gauntlet gloves, leather jacket, Sidi race boots and my Draggin' Jeans Kevlar pants.

The only thing I think I'm missing is some armor in those pants. I'm thinking that if I landed on my knee the Kevlar would do a good job at protecting me from road rash, but wouldn't' do anything against cushioning the fall.

Anyone have any thoughts on what might work well? I have a pair of what are supposed to be motorcycle pants that I bought when I got my bike, but they suck. The armor flops around all over the place and they feel like they are made of plastic. Unfortunately, I didn't know any better when I bought them.

I commute to work all the time and really didn't want to have to change when I got here. That's why I liked these Draggin' Jeans.

Come on, please don't wear kevlar jeans to work. I ride in a Alpinestars 2 pc leather suit, and change when I get to work. Takes me 2 minutes, and someday, it might save my life, or I might not end up crippled. Worth the 2 minutes IMHO.

If you cant stand the thought of changing, go with a pair of textile pants for riding with work trousers underneath.

Comment

I'll second getting a good pair of overpants - compettion accessories has a pair of Sliders Kevlar 3 pants on sale for $150.00 - with a liner for winter, and they are waterproof, so you'll stay dry in the rain, and they have thigh vents to help keep you cool in warmer weather. My First Gear HTII's are still holding up well after 2 years, but I'm eyeing those Slider's for some updated features.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by OJ Doe View Post
        Come on, please don't wear kevlar jeans to work.
        Any reason why? I thought that Kevlar jeans provided decent protection, but perhaps I was wrong?

Originally posted by diavolo
        compettion accessories has a pair of Sliders Kevlar 3 pants on sale for $150.00
        I took a look at them and to be honest, they look like the ones that I have at home that move around all over the place. I'll have to pull them out later this evening and find out what I actually bought.
        Last edited by Spyderturbo007; 05-14-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Because it sounds like he is a gear nazi.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

so kevlar jeans aren't good?

Comment

It's not that they aren't good - they will protect you from road rash in a get-em off. They won't cushion the blow to your limbs as well as overpants will. So, while they will both protect/prevent road rash, overpants will protect your hips and knees better on impact.
              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

http://www.compacc.com/p/Shadow-Scor...-Pants/1023004 I have a pair of Sliders that have crappy zippers. won't buy them again.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Add them to a regular pair of jeans and I think I would suffocate in the middle of the summer. They also don't look too terribly comfortable if I were to stop at the mall to pick something up while out riding.

It sounds like it's all or nothing when it comes to pants.

Comment

Levi, Wagner, A&P and Nudie makes jeans. Alpinestars, Rukka, Berik and Arlen Ness makes safety gear for riding. They are not supposed to be combined. If you want jeans, buy proper jeans, if you want safety gear, buy proper safety gear. There is no such thing as a good hybrid. Do you believe in Mermaids or Toyota Prius? Diden´t think so...

Comment

Fieldsheer has some good pants. I have the Mercury 2.0 and no complaints. http://www.revzilla.com/product/fiel...rcury-20-pants

Comment

Well, I looked at the ones I have at home and they say Vega Technical Gear on the back. I threw them on over my jeans and I feel like I'm wearing a snow suit and ready to hit the slopes.

Maybe I bought them too big because the armor in the knees moves all over the place. They also seem to have no breath ability. Add that to the fact that my jeans get all bunched up and mangled in there makes me think they either don't fit right or are junk.

It looks like the Vega Motion Mesh Pants is what I have.
                        Last edited by Spyderturbo007; 05-16-2012, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Cycle Gear has there own brand, BILT, and they had a pair of kevlar jeans with build in knee pads on sale for $70. I ordered a pair online...what a mistake. They didn't fit right and the knee pads were on my shins. I went to my local store to see if a different size would be better, even tried a pair of cargo pants, all the same. Junk. Makes ya wonder if anybody in the whole company has tried on a pair of them, they are that bad.
                          89 Katana 750
                          06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

I prefer to ride in Jeans, as I am not able to put forward the cash for full leathers. Then again, I only ride at low speeds around town (for now). I've always wondered what these would be like under jeans? Anyone have a clue?

If they're good, it may be the answer you're looking for.

Comment

We're working out what the future holds for Draggin Jeans. Please join our mailing list to find out as soon as we know.

Period.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X