X

1985 gsxr motor into 1993 katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 gsxr motor into 1993 katana 600

Hi, new member here. I actually had a question about an engine swap. I found a good deal on two bikes. A 1993 katana 600 street fighter rolling chassis for 400 and a 90% complete 85 gsxr 750. I'm wondering if three motor well mount right into the katana or what mods would need to be dinner to fit. Any help is much appreciated.

Start here
    1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

According to the chart it will fit, you will probably need the wiring harness and CDI box off GSXR too. But at 90% complete I would go with finishing up the Gixer myself.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
        ...But at 90% complete I would go with finishing up the Gixer myself.

I'm with fred, restore the '85, it will be worth more as a collector bike than the Kat will ever be.
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Naw, ship it over here, I'll do it.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
          X