No announcement yet.
X

My Project GSXR PIC HEAVY!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I changed the oil and spark plugs the other day. The oil came out crappy, as expected. The plugs were kinda nasty too.

Got my wheels and tires today, when I was installing the rear rotor, I noticed something odd. Remember, this picture is from the REAR wheel(I'll make it a bit easier...Notice the tire rotation):

Idiots.
    Last edited by Pa Kat; 03-28-2012, 03:42 PM.
    sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
    2004 Katana 600 - Gone
    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Hope those tires were coming off anyways bro....
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
        Hope those tires were coming off anyways bro....
        To be HONEST, I was HOPING(before they showed up) that they were in good enough shape to get me up to about rally time, then I was going to do a tire change. This just means I have to do it a BIT sooner.
        sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
        2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Those plugs actually look pretty good to me.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
            Those plugs actually look pretty good to me.
            But not NEAR as nice as the new ones. Figured, as much as I'm spending on this, the $20.00 for a new set of plugs...Can't hurt at all. While you're here...It's got a K&N air filter in it. I know what these can mean for the Kat, but do you have any input on how they work on the Gix?

I plan on posting up how much was spent during this build once I'm done. I'm sure there will be some differing opinions, but so far, I'm pretty pleased.
            sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
            2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Altering the intake and exhaust I would suggest a power commander. Although I'm sure you could get away without it.
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

You may be able to have the stock computer tuned, without having to buy the PC. I know the 04/05 is programmable, just not sure about your year. Sin could tell you for sure.
                John,
                '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, so I'll first check into a stock air filter 'till I can come up with the money for a PC or to have mine tuned. Thanks for the info guys.
                  sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                  2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
                    You may be able to have the stock computer tuned, without having to buy the PC. I know the 04/05 is programmable, just not sure about your year. Sin could tell you for sure.
                    I've never heard of a bike from the big 4 having a tunable ECU stock. I know on the Kawis you have to replace with race ECU ($700) then buy the USB cable ($300) to have a timing and fuel adjustable, factory, non piggyback control unit.

Not saying I dont believe you, just that I've NEVER heard of that...
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

SNF, I'm GUESSING the PC is a bit cheaper than the above?
                      sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Kat View Post
                        SNF, I'm GUESSING the PC is a bit cheaper than the above?
                        PC is $300, I've just never heard of a bike with a stock ECU that is programmable for new fuel maps. Not saying there isnt, just that Im not aware of it. I dont pay much attention to Suzukis though

As for a Kawi, its not even close, the PC and Ign module are cheaper than the Kit ECU.

That said, I would much rather have the Kit ECU than the piggyback BS

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Noted. I'll start checking into them when the funds start building back up. 'Till then, I'm going to get some EXPENSIVE paint, sand everything with 80 grit and hit it to see what it'll look like.
                          sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Kat View Post
                            Noted. I'll start checking into them when the funds start building back up. 'Till then, I'm going to get some EXPENSIVE paint, sand everything with 80 grit and hit it to see what it'll look like.
                            Make sure you get some printer paper to minimalize overspray

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              printer paper?.. meh.. too expensive...

wax paper rolls from the dollar store FTW...
                              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X