X

Exhaust Exchange list (draft)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01Katman
    anyone happen to know or can pull out of the air the diameter of the Bandit 600 and Bandit 1200 Header??? I guess inside diameter since they are thicker ??? aren't they. Just curious to know if it would be more flow from stock 98+ 600 to Bandit 600. Later ~Heath
    I recently got a brandnew Bandit 1200 header from Ebay that I plan on putting on my pre '98 600 F.

After grinding the nasty welds down the inside diameter is now 29 - 29.5 mm. Inside diameter on a pre '98 600 F, welding also grinded away, is 26 - 26.5 mm. Not sure about a Bandit 600 but my guess would be that the inside diameter is somewhat smaller than a 600 F due to the Bandit headers being double tubed.
    Regards,
    Lars

Comment

ohh they are double tubed i didn't know that. Let me know about what it takes to make the bandit exhaust work then I think you have to have the bandit midpipe and muffler then too.

Comment

I used the full bandit 12 exhaust with a two brothers muffler for the bandit 12 also. My two bros exhaust for the kat was just a hair shy of working due to alignment. See earlier in this thread for a pic of my bike.

Comment

i was wondering does anyone know i have put a D&D slip on exhaust on my 2005 katana 600 and i was woudering if there was any mods needed and what it was becuase some times it just doesnt sound right and it doesnt pick up good and also the other day when i statrted it it back fired on me

Comment

I have a question for those with bandit 1200 headers. I just install my set up (bandit headers with vance & hines can) on thursday, and I notice a buzzing sound coming from the fearing when I rev the bike past the 6000 rpm. do any of you guys got this buzzing?

Comment

Originally posted by katanapr3
              I have a question for those with bandit 1200 headers. I just install my set up (bandit headers with vance & hines can) on thursday, and I notice a buzzing sound coming from the fearing when I rev the bike past the 6000 rpm. do any of you guys got this buzzing?
              Look under the mid pipe for a threaded plate captured there. It may be rattling around . All I did was just tighten it up with a short bolt.

Comment

so for my 97 600 what year header could I use and off what bike?
                97 Katana 600 F

Comment

I am looking into purchasing a 01' SUZUKI GSXR600 YOSHIMURA FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM from Ebay. Will this bolt on to my 95' 750 kat with minor denting to fit? Or is the GSXR exhaust systems totaly different for the Katanas..

Comment

the 01 gsxr has a totally and completely different motor/frame/everything. Now if it were a GSX (no R) it would fit with some denting, or a new oil pan/pickup.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Hmmm. Bandit 1200 Can on a 99 Kat 750? I have a LOUD aftermarket can on my K750, and I don't like it. Would the B12 can be a little quieter, but louder than stock?
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Curious about this too. I was about to pull the trigger on a full D&D setup for my 750 but now I'm wondering if I should go for a picemeal approach built around 1200 headers.

I'd be grateful to anyone with dyno comparisons for the 750 with stock versus Bandit 1200 headers. My suspicion is that the low torque would benefit from this with (presumably) no compromise in upper-end flow since the 1200 is pushing so much more to begin with, although I'd love to see dyno charts for comparison to make sure there isn't any "tail off".
                        ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                        Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

It would be my guess that you would substantially raise horsepower over the stock Katana exhaust however you will probably lose some torque and I would imagine that if you think about it a stock exhaust vs. aftermarket the flow design itself is going to be totally different as well as the pipes being larger and everything too and tuned specifically towards the bike and engine you are putting it on. So just some things to think about. Later ~Heath

Comment

i HAVE A 93 KAT 600 , CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT SYSTEMS WILL WORK WITH LITTLE OR NO MODIFICATION.?

Comment

Anyone knows if 89+ (yes 89+) would fit on a 1988 engine ??? My stock exhaust cans are fully black and remarked that 89+ had silvers cans... can I swap it ???

Thanks a lot !

Comment

up to 97 should be interchangeable with in the displacement...

Comment

Working...
                                X