No announcement yet.
X

Got a new bike!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM=Original Equipment from Manufacturer. Basically Scout is saying if it still has the Michelin Macadams on it, make it your first priority to get rid of those POS's.

T-rex sliders are on ebay and directly from T-Rex, and JayBell here has a real good install write-up posted in the mod forum on them. Here, found his thread for ya... http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=115464
    Last edited by teddy; 03-31-2012, 09:28 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

OEM means original equipment manufacturer, or factory original/stock. The stock tires weren't that good when the bike first left the showroom floor. If they are still on the bike, they are getting old and most likely the rubber is getting hard, which could cause the bike to handle wierd, or even worse possibly fail without warning. A lot of riders on this site have been real pleased with the Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

I checked just now what tires are on there, and the back tire is a Michelin Radial, and the front is a Metzler. The front looks pretty new to me. How are those tires? And thanks for the frame slider advice, I will definitely make those my project one weekend.

Comment

You can determine the age of a tire by a factory code that's on them. It exists of four digits. The first two are the week the tire was made in, and the last two are for the year they were made. For instance : 1706 would be week 17 of '06 (2006 ).
          Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

The back tire is from late 12008, and I'm dumb and just realized it's a Michelin pilot road 2 :P But the front tire is a Metzler from late 2003. The tread looks great on it though.

Comment

generally 3-4 years is about as long as you'd want to run a tire on a bike reguardless of how goos the tread looks. The rear is close to the limit on age, front is definetly past due to be replaced.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Hey i see your in Va im in MD we should meet up and ride soon i just got one to but its blue hit me up on here

Comment

Don't drop it? Don't wreck it? Don't miss a corner? - Good advice Scout.
                  Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

Looks like the day it rolled off the show room floor!
                    1993 gsx750f Streetfighter

If its worth doing, its worth over doing!!

You'd never have a motorcycle policeman out on the Indian reservation.
                    Alex Cox

Comment

Wow, the bike looks to be in fantastic shape! Now get some bmw wheel cleaner gel and get the rims as clean as the rest of the bike.
                      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Hi AJ2011, your bike looks really good, but I noticed it was spoiled by a lack of lubrication on the chain.
                        It's a pet hate of mine. A bit of oil makes it run so much nicer.
                        Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                        X