No announcement yet.
X

Newbie questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcom iams1234 if you listen carefully you will get very good tips here and i trew my center stand away . i dont recomend you do that there is a bar under the seat like a carco net bar lift there with the right while steping on the stand foot and it will come up . and also i am glad to hear you are takeing it slow that is very smart good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Good basic book about katanas.... you mean somewhere to read everything you ever want to know about them....... Print every page of this website and bind them together Collectively the members of this site can probably tell you anything you could want to know about them. Use the search button and if you don't find it, post a question, Somebody knows.

Center stand? We don't need no stinking center stand! Rip that puppy off there and put on a full race exhaust then pick up a rear stand and do it in 1 "step" ..... OK so I'm no help here but it sounds like you figured it out anyway.

Shifting I can help with. Keep the revs low until you get good at it and shift when you think you need to. The bike will let you know if you get it wrong by either bogging down or racing up. Unless you are absurdly off base neither will be enough to throw you, just make the ride crappy for a second while you correct it (by shifting or throttle) and generally make you feel dumb for getting it wrong. Don't worry though, 99% of the time you will actually be the only one who knows you did it wrong. Practice,practice,practice and before you know it you just do it as second nature.

Oh yeah, no matter how long you ride you still occasionally look for that 7th gear and you will still occasionally screw a shift. It happens....

Welcome to KatRiders
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

listen.....LOU and I are considered GODS on here, SO FEAR NOT MY CHILD. not really, but sounded good eh?

www.vwvortex.com
        I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
        Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Originally posted by DJHowie
          listen.....LOU and I are considered GODS on here, SO FEAR NOT MY CHILD. not really, but sounded good eh?
          GODS
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
            GODS
            why are you laughing at me mear mortal?

www.vwvortex.com
            I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.

Comment

Oh Im sorry, I couldnt resist!

Comment

... not really, but sounded good eh?
                Hey leave him alone eh! Us Canadians, we stick together eh!

err... what? He's not Canadian??! Oh.

Well in that case...

Comment

well, i did live in Wisconsin, does that count?

www.vwvortex.com

Comment

Where in Ohio are you at? Oh and you picked the right color!
                    -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

I live outside of Lima. I can't wait for some warmer weather so I can get out and start practicing!!!!

Comment

Hey guys

I hope someone can help me with a little dilemma I have.
                        I last rode a bike when I was 16, and lets just say that it went well for a while but ended dreadfully...I still can't believe I didn't bite it. no training/no liscence and no insurance(my uncles bike)....ok ok stop the screaming I know.
                        Anyways this past summer I decided after 15 years it was time to get back on board and get over my fear. I rode my friends Gixxer and although it was a little rough at the start , I eventually got back into the swing of things. Soooooo.....the bug has again hit me but this time I am going to do it right. I have my M2 training course coming up and have been looking for my first bike......a 600 Katana of course. My question pertains to insurance........is it true in Ontario, Canada that Katana's are not in the surcharge radar for the insurance premium. Thanks and hello to everyone, you guys got a great site here!

-------------------------------------------------------steve

Comment

Hey guys

I just got off the phone with JD Smith Insurance brokers and they told me that the Katana -600 & 750- are classed as a street bike (not a super sport bike) and are therefore exempt from the surcharge premium currently in place for super sport bikes

-------------------------------------------------------steve

Comment

yes...shop around...insurance can vary from person to person AT THE SAME BROKER!

expect to pay between $1000 and $1500

Comment

Working...
                            X