Crash Mushrooms / Frame Sliders / Crash Bobbins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Mushrooms / Frame Sliders / Crash Bobbins

Hi,
    Has anyone installed crash mushrooms on a katana 99+. If so can you please send me some pics or let me know where on the frame you installed them. I know i will have to get (aka drill) though the fairing but i live in India and traffic here as many of you might have heard is simply-put unpredictable. So i figure crash mushrooms are a worthy "insurance policy".
    Cheers.
    "Cars-R-Coffins"
    "Four wheels move the Body,
    Two wheels move the soul"

Most of us have frame sliders which we got from a member Braunstein. He makes a mount that clamps on to the frame without any drilling. I have them on my Kat. Excellent upgrade. Check out this thread for all info. If you need help getting them to Bombay, lemme know.

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

if you dont mind drilling a hole in your frame for mounting, i found that hyabusa frame sliders work great!

Comment

I'm going to have to look into this I can't find any sliders anywhere.
        SFC Smith US Army Iraqi War Veteran.
        Honda 919 Rider

Comment

I just got mine from Braunstein. No drilling, and I did not even have to remove the fairings, just loosen them. They took minutes to install. They look good too.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

can u post pics so i can see what they look like installed?
            2000 Katana 600

Comment

I haven't taken any pics with them on yet but check out this thread for pics and all the info.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

THE PRICE for the sliders are 35.00 per slider or 35.00 per pair ? I would like to order a set
                sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

www.motospecialties.com can also get you a set from http://www.rg-racing.com/ overseas
                  "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE
                    THE PRICE for the sliders are 35.00 per slider or 35.00 per pair ? I would like to order a set

It is 103 for all the hardware and the sliders.

Comment

Here is the post of what the sliders look like.

Comment

only ten post to see the thread

Comment

what type of bike do you look under at the sites listed
                          www.motospecialties.com or http://www.rg-racing.com/

Comment

Look at the link above treal to check out Braunsteins sliders.

Comment

Working...
                            X