Exhaust Exchange list (draft)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: exhaust swap

Originally posted by damien

Problem One: The collector on the header doesn't clear the oil pan. I knew this was going to happen. Everyone I asked told me it would.

Solution: Ok so maybe not the best way to handle it but I dented the top of the collector in until it did clear the oil pan. In the process I cracked the seam so I had to have it re welded in a little spot, but still way cheaper than buying a new oil pan...
    Why didn't yuou try to find a used 98+ oil pan ? Also , the pre98 600 oil pan looks a little different (or maybe that was just the REALLY early oil pans :-k ) . I swapped one out recently that looked WAY different then my 750 pan . It was DEFINATELY shorter , and there was a shorter oil pick-up as well .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

B_P I should have some great stuff this winter!

You guys are rocking without me, great stuff already.

I do have one that Sinful helped me with and it will be posted soon.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Do you know the diameter of the Bandit 600 Headers? Are they larger or similar to the Kat 600. I know they are usually better looking being that they are made to be exposed where as the Kat Headers aren't. But diameters of all these headers would be nice. Also has anyone tried any of the Older GSXR headers for flow or fitment? I found a set a guy has off a late 80's GSXR 750 i could pick up for cheap. Its an aftermarket Hindle header and midpipe and everything. Also when using the Bandit header do you still use the Kat midpipe?

Comment

I have a full Bandit 12 exhaust with a Two Bros M2 bolt on system on my bike. I don't know about the B6 but my system was off just enough that my Two Bros slip on for the Kat wouldn't work. I'll let people know more later.

Comment

Cools info..
            Please update with what mods you had to do.
            Do you think the problem was specific to the 2 bros? or any slip-on?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
              The problem lies in the fact that the 1200 is a taller motor so the header hangs about 1/2" to 3/4" lower on the smaller motors. This is just enough to cause alignment problems. And although the header is lower, It does not hang down much past the lower fairing. The center stand stop mount needs to be cut off of the mid pipe too.

I thought you also should know that the B12 header is not much larger than the kat 750 header diameter wise. What makes it look large is the stainless steel outer liner. The Bandit 12 was designed to be a torque monster which means that they were designed with smallish primary tubes to increase flow velocities and low end torque.

When I get the chance I will post a pic with my new end can. I'm using a Two Bros M2 (European style) exhaust that looks and sounds sweet.

Damic

Comment

You have the B12 Header on a 600?? Also How did you get the Midpipe to line up then? and do you have a couple pics you could email me underneath. Thanks ~Heath

Comment

Originally posted by damic
                  The problem lies in the fact that the 1200 is a taller motor so the header hangs about 1/2" to 3/4" lower on the smaller motors.
                  Damic
                  But this might be a good thing as it might solve the
                  oil pan issue on Pre 98s??

Comment

Originally posted by damic
                    The problem lies in the fact that the 1200 is a taller motor so the header hangs about 1/2" to 3/4" lower on the smaller motors.
                    Damic
                    But this might be a good thing as it might solve the
                    oil pan issue on Pre 98s??
                    No unfortunately it still needs the98+ oil pan

Originally posted by 01katman
                    You have the B12 Header on a 600?? Also How did you get the Midpipe to line up then?
                    I'm using the complete bandit 1200 system and the Two Bros muffler is a bolt on specific to the bandit 12
                    Attached Files

Comment

that's a sweet lookin' Kat, damic!

Comment

OK has anyone tried 1985-86 GSXR750 style headers on pre 98 600 ?? I can get a front to back exhaust new in the box for $300 CDN BUT no good if it doesn't bolt on.

"brand new in the box,hindle header, black with the smaller style alum can(like the old alum 12"yosh cans "

Comment

Originally posted by KanAtuna
                          OK has anyone tried 1985-86 GSXR750 style headers on pre 98 600 ?? I can get a front to back exhaust new in the box for $300 CDN BUT no good if it doesn't bolt on.

"brand new in the box,hindle header, black with the smaller style alum can(like the old alum 12"yosh cans "
                          I think that the OLD gsxr exhaust systems were so small and restrictive, it wouldnt be worth using... at least that is what I have been told!

Check the pipe diameter and spacing, and measure up! For $300, if it will work, I would buy it!

-Grimmy
                          Race Superseries Novice Open, Amateur Superbike #224 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Comment

Feel free to try it. I have to fix my car now so no bike parts for a few months.

Listed on www.vrra.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmy
                              Originally posted by KanAtuna

I think that the OLD gsxr exhaust systems were so small and restrictive, it wouldnt be worth using... at least that is what I have been told!

Check the pipe diameter and spacing, and measure up! For $300, if it will work, I would buy it!

-Grimmy
                              Most likely you would need to change the oil pan to make it work.

Comment

anyone happen to know or can pull out of the air the diameter of the Bandit 600 and Bandit 1200 Header??? I guess inside diameter since they are thicker ??? aren't they. Just curious to know if it would be more flow from stock 98+ 600 to Bandit 600. Later ~Heath

Comment

Working...
                                X