X

So i finally popped my cherry even when i never wanted to

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i finally popped my cherry even when i never wanted to

so my buddy got pulled over for speeding and his temps were expired.

i come get him and when we almost back, i made a left at a light and low slide his bike at about 20mph.... it happened so fast, i really am not sure what caused the low slide. now, he has had this bike for 2 years and he still has huge chicken strips and even parts of the tires that have never been scrubbed, so it makes me wonder if i leaned to much and the tires just slid form under me... there was no gravel or anything....

my shoulder is sore and hurting to move, and i got a scrape on my elbow and knee as u can see by pics... also my 2 toes are hurting and are all purple....

i had all my gear and will never ride without it... i would hate to see how ugly it would have been without it even at this speed....

so please people, be safe, wear ur gear and may the bike gods helps us... we never know when just something like this can happen to us...

97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
    94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

glad to hear your alright .

year make model of his bike?
    damages?
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
      glad to hear your alright .

year make model of his bike?
      damages?
      he has a 08 GSXR 600

broke the peg, the ball on the clutch lever, and scrapped the side fairing and rear fairing, and the crank cover got scrapped.

minimal plastic damage pretty much, i only slid about 20 feet and stopped at the curb

Comment

Sorry to hear you went down. Good luck with the healing process. Glad you are mostly OK.

Comment

Are the chicken strips off ?
          if your not living on the edge
          you take up too much room

Comment

Do broken in tires provide better grip? Or heating characteristics?

Comment

glad ur cool for the most part.
              Godspeed
              CSBA #1167
              Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Felix, you have a lot of explaining to do... (In your best Desi Arnaz Voice)
                Originally posted by arsenic
                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                  Felix, you have a lot of explaining to do... (In your best Desi Arnaz Voice)
                  lol
                  dont you know it is what it is? hahahah

Comment

Wait, he has an 08 GSXR600, but NO motorcycle endorsement?! WTF?
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

glad your alright man. shoulder injuries are a *****
                      '01 600 Kat w/ Vance and Hines Pipe

Comment

That stinks to be in that position.
                        1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

Comment

I think he's probably feeling better by now, since this was 2+ months ago and all.....
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                            I think he's probably feeling better by now, since this was 2+ months ago and all.....
                            you know.... yes and no

while i didnt break anything, i can feel this lump under my knee patela... and if i am on my knees a lot... it bothers me...
                            now my little toe nail on my left foot turned black, and just the other day it fell off.... and while my big toe didnt break or bothers me, i cant yet bend it down all the way like before

so there is definitely left over consequences that arent that bad....

Comment

haha, now that was mean... but funny.

Be glad it was a slow speed crash with only a few boo-boo's.

Originally posted by thedike View Post
                              Are the chicken strips off ?
                              2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                              2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                              1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                              1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Working...
                              X