X

bad vibration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad vibration

96 katana 600 28000 miles, have a bad vibration seems to get worse the higher ther rpms get, not the tires if i pull the clutch while im riding vibration goes away smooth as can be, has fresh oil in it and plugs within all within 500 miles, any ideas?

Tune up including new plugs and carb sync. How's the idle?
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

just did plugs about 500 miles ago , idle is eratic wont stay idling until ive rode 10 miles or so then it idles low idle adjustment does not want to go up anymore, ive never sync carbs still new to fixing bikes, just got my repair manual so ill read up on it

Comment

Will it do it in the same rev while stopped in neutral?

Comment

Originally posted by cuda73 View Post
          ...iidles low idle adjustment does not want to go up anymore...
          That sounds distinctly like you've got clogged idle passages. Time to clean the carbs.

This is an all-or-nothing procedure. If you half-*** it we'll be hearing from you for the next month about how you "cleaned the carbs" but she still doesn't run right. Do all of us (including yourself) a favor and resign yourself to the idea of breaking down the carbs completely, soaking them in solvent and then re-assembling them carefully. It's a pain in the *** but the end results are worth it.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

ill give it a shot , forgot to mention im getting some popping coming out of the exhaust is this related to carb issues or do i need to adjust valves also

Comment

believe popping is related to the A/F adjustment. You'll address that when you do your tear down and cleaning of the carbs.... Follow the Carbs 101 & 102...
              2004 GSX750F

Comment

Popping when you chop the throttle is a classic symptom of running lean. Clean the carbs.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

thanks for the advice ive got a friend helping out with the carbs he has done it before so at least im not going into it blind.

Comment

went threw carbs , cleaned everything out, runs smoother idles better, doesnt pop anymore, still have vibration gets worse as motor warms up, im considering selling it before it starts to cost alot of money,

Comment

Stage 1 Jetkit installed and tuned ($120 to your door abouts) and inspect your emulsion tubes for wear.

Engine vibration = lean running generally. If cleaning didn't solve it, then the Jetkit should.

Jetkit is a good upgrade and performance mod.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

didnt think it mattered but it does have a k@n air filter setup on it, it was on when i bought it, would this make a difference
                        if it does where can i get a stock airfilter setup

Comment

Originally posted by cuda73 View Post
                          didnt think it mattered but it does have a k@n air filter setup on it, it was on when i bought it, would this make a difference
                          if it does where can i get a stock airfilter setup

Like... all the differnce!

Ebay, buy a stock airbox, probably come with a filter. If not, buy a new filter to put in. Make it a stock OEM filter.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                          X